At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking an Expert Database Administrator to support F-15QA training efforts in Al Udeid Air Base Qatar. The selected individual will contribute to the operation of the F-15QA Formal Training Unit effort and act as the primary contact for site-wide data management, database backup, recovery systems, database migration and archiving systems and procedures. Implementation of database security infrastructure and manages user access accounts. The Database Administrator will report to Training and Ops Maintenance Site Senior Manager.
- Management and administration of existing production and non-production database environments; production support, and management of associated system components.
- Perform database design, modification, development, security, backup, tuning, and maintenance activities.
- Analyze and resolve application performance issues in coordination with customers and other Database administrators.
- Ensuring integration of SOW requirements and project plans between major project activities.
- Documenting processes and procedures and ensuring compliance with Boeing and partner database standards, practices and methodologies inclusive of security, hardware, software, and configuration management.
- Designs, implements and supports database backup, recovery systems, database migration and archiving systems and procedures.
- Implements database security infrastructure and manages user access accounts.
- Plans, installs and tests software upgrades and patches.
- Develops, plans and establishes database performance baselines. Monitors performance trends to identify and correct problems.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- In-depth experience in more than one database stack. The database stacks we are looking for are predominately, SQL Server, Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux/Windows operating system internals including familiarity with shell scripting is required.
- Knowledge of database Backup/Recovery techniques including database clustering techniques on varied database technologies.
- Development experience with Oracle Data Integrator software product.
- Some exposure ideally of using HVR toolset.
- Defense sector working experience.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Military or defense program experience (F15,C-17, P-8)
- US Military Navy, Marine, Air Force or Army background
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years’ related work experience, Master+7 years’ related work experience, 13 years’ related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
The successful candidate will hold, or have the ability to obtain, Security Clearance (DV)
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position in Qatar. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll, and will commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with applicable law. Employment is subject to the candidate’s ability to satisfy all labor and immigration formalities.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.