World’s largest aerospace company and America’s largest exporter
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Flight Operations Support team is seeking Senior Flight Operations Life Support Technicians (Level D) to join our team. This role is for a long term assignment to the Al Udeid Air Base in Doha, Qatar, for up to 3 years. Relocation/assignment benefits to the international location will be provided.
The selected candidates will be part of a team working in Qatar maintaining life support equipment to include helmets, harnesses, g-suits, masks, parachutes, survival kits, and ejection seat drogues. The person in this role must be able to inspect, test and repair CRU-94 regulators.
Entry into this classification is limited to candidates approved by the enterprise-wide Flight Operations Skills Team. Appropriate regulatory certification and/or license required.
- Leads and trains life support equipment technicians in the inspection, repair, testing, packing and maintenance of safety, life support, egress and communications equipment
- Documents the inspection history of periodic inspections on flight equipment
- Conducts quality assurance tests on equipment
- Plans and schedules daily work routines for self and less experienced personnel
- Supports test and production flights by providing necessary life support equipment
- Supports on-site testing of new equipment at various locations
- Leads and trains life support equipment technicians in the evaluation of new flight equipment designs for aircraft and aircrew and helps integrate with current equipment and the aircraft interface
- Coordinates fabrication of equipment items from drawings, blueprints or special instructions from technical orders or per Company policies
- Monitors, maintains and is responsible for the inventory of flight clothing and spare parts in support of air shows
- Conducts initial and recurring training, both on-site and off-site, in egress procedures, water survival and survival equipment for flight crew members per customer requirements, for both domestic and international customers
- Job requires previous military qualification required and FAA Parachute Rigger certificate if packing parachutes
- Works under minimal supervision
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 8+ years of experience as a life support technician
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of experience in Flight Operations
- FAA Parachute Rigger certificate
- Aircraft flight testing experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Graduates of military life support schools i.e. Air Force, Army, Navy or Marine Corps
Long-Term Assignment Details:
- Candidate must be able to obtain a work visa, depending on the requirements of the country
- Candidate must be able to meet the cultural requirements of the country, as applicable
- Employment is contingent on the candidate’s ability to satisfy all labor and immigration formalities of the country
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 6 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+4 years’ related work experience, 8 years’ related work experience, etc.).
Relocation benefits will be awarded for the international assignment.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for a variable shift (4th shift)
Contingent Upon Program Award:
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.