Your Future is Built Here
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Korea is looking for an Industrial Engineer based out of Busan and Sacheon, South Korea to perform core industrial engineering activities in support of the Boeing Supply Chain partners across the country of South Korea. This position will perform supplier operations management activities, supplier production planning and readiness assessments, develop operational planning tools and reports, support/ facilitate Lean continuous improvement events, support production recovery efforts, program production rate increases and new work business project management. In addition, the candidate for this position will also support creating and establishing data visualization tools to aid the Supply Chain team. The ideal candidate for this position will be eager to connect with all stakeholders domestic and international to expeditiously resolve emerging supply chain issues and support planning and proactive supply chain risk mitigation. Success within the position will require partnership with Boeing Supply Chain teams stationed at strategic supplier sites to ensure effective and efficient product delivery to Boeing Operations within the United States.
This position will be hired on a 2 year fixed term contract with possibility to convert to an open ended contract, subject to business conditions and individual performance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Applies Industrial Engineering concepts, techniques, analysis and decision tools under general supervision to promote and assist in implementing changes in manufacturing, engineering and service operations.
- Assists in developing models, data bases and spreadsheets to analyze data (e.g., statistics, operations research, engineering economics), and provides summary analysis and metrics for consultation to customers (e.g., management, departments, suppliers).
- Applies general industrial engineering techniques and concepts to product and process design teams throughout all phases of product lifecycle, resulting in a robust product design and work statement that meets program requirements.
- Assist in research, design, development, improvement and implementation of processes to enhance schedule performance, lower cost, and improve quality, through the application of Lean and other
- Industrial Engineering concepts for large scale systems integration and asset utilization.
- Under general supervision, manages, defines, negotiates, and controls the scope, cost, and timing of projects, and performs risk analysis using project management tools (e.g., work break-down structure, precedence network, resource allocation).
- Provides support to project completion. Utilizes engineering methods (e.g., mathematical models, simulation, statistics) to support the development of optimal process designs and efficient utilization of resources (e.g., facilities, personnel, materials, equipment) in the creation and validation of products.
- Under general direction, analyzes and designs value stream, including capability, capacity (e.g., make/buy, supplier selection, risk analysis, supplier performance), throughput, work flow and logistics (e.g., critical path, lead-time, transportation, factory layout).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor or higher degree of Science degree from an accredited course of study in Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing engineering.
- Native written and oral communication skills in Korean and business level written and oral communication skills in English.
- Extensive experience preparing and presenting recommendations and proposals for review by a lot of audience.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- English-speaking environment is strongly preferred.
- Possesses critical thinking, strategic thinking and business acumen.
- Flexible and open mindset with an ability to perform in a dynamic international environment with a shifting work statement and priorities. A willingness and desire to take on new tasks that may be outside normal daily operations.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships based on trust and mutual respect.
- Proactive service ownership and problem solving mindset. Ability to partner with process owners to resolve issues, drive continuous improvement and adhere to project and reporting deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with colleagues in English across teams in Korea and other countries in the region.
- Proficiency in programming languages (ie. SQL, Python)
- Experience programming in Tableau or other data visualization tools
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Note: Boeing Support Systems relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education and typically 3 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Boeing gives additional scores to eligible candidates for job positions who are classified as veterans or persons of disability according to applicable laws.
Boeing Korea has officially been certified as a “Best Family Friendly Management” company by the Republic of Korea Ministry of Gender Equality and Family.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.