Your Future is Built Here
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Korea Engineering and Technology Center (BKETC) is seeking a Software Engineer (AI & Autonomy, MLOps) to be based in Seoul, South Korea to develop algorithms, models, systems, and a machine-learning operation (MLOps) pipeline. Software development will include the integration of data and model processing modules into the fully functional pipeline. This position will report to the Boeing Research and Technology Manager.
This position will be hired on a 2 year fixed term contract with possibility to convert to an open ended contract, subject to business conditions and individual performance.
- Develops, documents, and maintains architectures, pipelines, algorithms, interfaces, models, and code for a MLOps pipeline
- Develops not only the MLOps pipeline but also a software verification system that complies with all mandatory requirements for aviation safety
- Works with systems engineering to decompose and partition system requirements to software requirements
- Works as a member of the International team with the members in one or more countries where English is the common language
- Utilizes modern object-oriented computer programming techniques and agile programming methodologies to develop software in delivered Boeing systems
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Applicants must have at least an intermediate level of knowledge in machine learning
- This role requires creativity, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong passion for developing high-quality product
- Highly motivated “roll up your sleeves” attitude with a strong drive for success and teamwork
- Applicants must have the enthusiasm to learn new technologies and expand his/her skill sets
- A self-starter and someone who works well within a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Korean
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree / Master / PhD in Computer Science, Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Mathematics
- Good to have in-depth knowledge in system side frameworks or libraries such as Kubernetes, Docker, Databases, Flask/FastAPI, Kubeflow/BentoML, MLflow, etc
- Good to have in-depth knowledge in machine learning frameworks or libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, etc
- Good to have in-depth knowledge in server engineering like resource management on multi-GPUs over multiple servers
- Good to have in-depth experience in computer vision and other related libraries such as OpenCV, etc
- Plus to have at least an intermediate level of knowledge in data science
- Plus to have at least an intermediate level of knowledge in aviation and commercial flight operation
- Nice to have winning experience in software competition challenges
- Nice to have your Git repository shared with well-organized projects inside
Typical Education & Experience:
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g.
- Master+4 years’ related work experience, 10 years’ related work experience, etc.).
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Boeing gives additional scores to eligible candidates for job positions who are classified as veterans or persons of disability according to applicable laws.
Boeing Korea has officially been certified as a “Best Family Friendly Management” company by the Republic of Korea Ministry of Gender Equality and Family.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award