Your Future is Built Here
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Korea Engineering and Technology Center (BKETC) is seeking Software Engineer (Predictive Maintenance) to be based in Seoul, South Korea to develop algorithms, models, systems for predictive maintenance. This position will report to the Boeing Research and Technology Manager.
This position will be hired on a 2 year fixed term contract with possibility to convert to an open ended contract, subject to business conditions and individual performance.
- Coordinate with the Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) team in the US and Korean local partner companies for the development of predictive maintenance system
- Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Performs software project management and software development functions.
- Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics.
- Plans, executes and documents software research and development projects.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations.
- Tracks and evaluates software team to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Intermediate level of knowledge in machine learning and data science
- This role requires creativity, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong passion for developing high-quality product
- Highly motivated “roll up your sleeves” attitude with a strong drive for success and teamwork
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies and expand his/her skill sets
- A self-starter and someone who works well within a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Korean
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree / Masters / PhD in Computer Science, Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Mathematics
- Good to have in-depth knowledge in machine learning frameworks or libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, etc
- Good to have in-depth knowledge in server engineering like resource management on multi-GPUs over multiple servers
- Plus to have at least an intermediate level of knowledge in aviation and commercial flight operation
- Nice to have your Git repository shared with well-organized projects inside
Typical Education & Experience:
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years’ related work experience, 10 years’ related work experience, etc.).
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Boeing gives additional scores to eligible candidates for job positions who are classified as veterans or persons of disability according to applicable laws.
Boeing Korea has officially been certified as a “Best Family Friendly Management” company by the Republic of Korea Ministry of Gender Equality and Family.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.