Your Future is Built Here
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Korea Engineering and Technology Center (BKETC) is seeking Software Engineers (Embedded / Cloud / Application / RTOS / Framework / Model based engineering) to be based in Seoul, South Korea to develop requirements, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for our product lines. Software development will include integration of software components into a fully functional software system. This position will report to the Boeing Research and Technology Manager.
This position will be hired on a 2 year fixed term contract with possibility to convert to an open ended contract, subject to business conditions and individual performance.
- Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces, designs, and code for embedded aviation electronics system
- Develops and maintain the Boeing enterprise cloud for development/testing environment and continuous integration build system.
- Develops not only for embedded systems but also software verification to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Works with systems engineering to decompose and partition system requirements to software requirements
- Works within an International team including United States and 1 or more other countries where
- English is the common language
- Utilizes modern object oriented computer programming techniques and agile programming methodologies to develop software in delivered Boeing systems
- Applicants must have enthusiasm to learn new technologies and expand his/her skill sets
- Demonstrate creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills are required
- Coding experience in more than 1+ software languages (e.g. C, C++, C#, Java, Python, Java script, model based engineering and so on)
- Proper English communication skill in verbal and written
- Bachelor’s degree / Masters / PhD in Computer Science, Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Mathematics
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter and someone who works well within a team
- Good to have knowledge in software development for embedded firmware, commercial electronics products, micro controller or model-based engineering (SIMULINK)
- Good to have knowledge in software qualification and certification with DO-178C
- Nice to have knowledge in kernel or driver development
- Nice to have winning software competition challenges
- Good to have knowledge of C#, Enterprise Kubernetes Container Service (KCS), Node.js, React.js, Three.js, Google OR-Tools, C++ Google Test/Google Mock, Visual Studio Code, and Visual Studio
Typical Education & Experience:
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
- Boeing gives additional scores to eligible candidates for job positions who are classified as veterans or persons of disability according to applicable laws.
- Boeing Korea has officially been certified as a “Best Family Friendly Management” company by the Republic of Korea Ministry of Gender Equality and Family.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award