Connect, Protect, Explore & Inspire the World through Aerospace
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
Boeing Korea Engineering and Technology Center (BKETC) is seeking to hire a few System Engineers who are the experts in Modeling & Simulation. The positions will be located in our offices in Seoul, South Korea.
Boeing places high priority in identifying the right talent for its workforce, and in investing in its employees’ careers and development. Boeing begins its employees’ journey with a two-year fixed-term employment contract with full benefits. Following successful completion of the employment term, employees will be eligible to permanently continue their employment.
- Conduct research and/or support to product development in this field, with emphasis on software, systems engineering and modeling and simulation.
- Contribute to the development of novel engineering methods, processes, training and tools
- Develop and document novel ideas, file patent applications
- Analyze and efficiently present engineering results.
- Contribute to the preparation of project proposals and capture funding
- Find opportunities to integrate projects with other disciplines – adopt a multidisciplinary mindset
- Promote and maintain meaningful partnerships with internal and external partners and customers
- Participate in Agile scrum teams
- Occasional travel may be required
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Demonstrated technical judgment and initiative. Self-motivation and Research Experience are a must.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Engineering and Modeling & Simulation.
- Experience with commercial off-the-shelf modeling & simulation tools. Matlab/Simulink is a must.
- Demonstrated experience in Research and Physical Reasoning
- Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in Systems Engineering and Product Development along the full lifecycle of an engineering product covering requirements management/definition, safety/reliability analysis, architectural definitions, integration, test and supply chain management. Requirements management in tools such as DOORS is a strong plus
- Deep understanding of modeling of systems, flight vehicles and/or production systems is a strong plus.
- Experience working with Aerospace Recommended Practices like ARP4754A/4761A and RTCA standards like DO-331 and DO-178C is a strong plus. Experience with safety analysis methods is a strong plus.
- Experience using Digital Engineering methods in Automotive and/or other industries is a strong plus.
- Dassault Systemes 3DEXPERIENCE, MODELICA and similar are a strong plus.
- Experience with software, model and hardware-in-the-loop testing is a strong plus.
- Experience in Product Lifecycle Management using tools like DS 3DX is a strong plus.
- SysML, Java, C, C++ and Linux are a strong plus.
- Knowledge in airplane systems and/or airplane production systems is a strong plus.
- Experience setting up Continuous Integration and Deployment frameworks and deploying cloud services is a strong plus.
- Scrum and Agile are a strong plus.
- Previous work/College experience in multicultural environments will be very useful.
- Masters/ PhD/ Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science or similar with strong background in Systems Engineering, Software, Digitalization, Modeling & Simulation and research.
- This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
- This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
- Boeing gives additional scores to eligible candidates for job positions who are classified as veterans or persons of disability according to applicable laws.
- Boeing Korea has officially been certified as a “Best Family Friendly Management” company by the Republic of Korea Ministry of Gender Equality and Family.