At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, Software Engineers develop requirements, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for our product lines. Software development will include integration of software components into a fully functional software system. This position will report to the Boeing Research and Technology Manager.
- Work with systems engineering to decompose and partition system requirements to software requirements
- Utilize modern object oriented computer programming techniques and agile programming methodologies to develop software in delivered Boeing systems
- Work on projects using some of the following technologies, tools and languages: DOORS or other requirements tool, C++, Java, MATLAB, relational or other databases, Linux or Windows operating systems, and commercial software configuration management and test tools.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Applicants must have demonstrated technical leadership of or within software development teams solving challenging problems.
- Experience developing applications software from requirements definition through customer delivery and post-delivery support. Subject matter expert in C++ or JAVA.
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills are required.
- English proficiency leading collaborative projects
- Experience in software development for avionics systems or complex commercial electronics products
- Experience in software development for embedded system and micro controller
- Experience in model-based engineering (e.g. SIMULINK)
- Experience with software qualification / certification in DO-178C is desirable
- Experience in International (multi-national team members) projects collaborating in English
- Experience with DOORS is desirable
- Knowledge of airplane industry specifications such as ARINC 620, ACARS standards, ARINC 724B, ARINC 774A, ARINC 665, or comparable military software development standards is a plus
Typical Education & Experience:
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor’s and 5 or more years’ Industry experience, Master’s degree with 3 or more years’ Industry experience or PhD degree.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Boeing gives additional scores to eligible candidates for job positions who are classified as veterans or persons of disability according to applicable laws.
Boeing Korea has officially been certified as a “Best Family Friendly Management” company by the Republic of Korea Ministry of Gender Equality and Family.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.