Your future is built here.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Jeppesen, a subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is one of the largest software development companies in Gothenburg. We develop innovative optimization solutions for the world’s leading airlines. We are dedicated to continuous improvement, delivering more value to our clients, and exploring emerging technologies such as quantum computing, AI and big data analytics.
We are currently looking for a senior C++ Software Developer with a curious mind, a true interest in the art of software engineering and craftsmanship, and who is a natural team player.
At Jeppesen’s office in central Gothenburg, Sweden you will work in a one-of-a-kind software development organization with fascinating solutions that make a real difference to people around the world. You will be working in an agile learning organization, surrounded by a team of talented, creative and dedicated colleagues. You will learn and broaden your perspective by working with 400 professionals from more than 30 different nations, but also be part of a global organization allowing for collaboration with customers and colleagues across the world. Most importantly, you will be expected to make a difference. We are very proud of our culture of trust and helpfulness.
- Develop and deploy high quality software.
- Handling any problems or challenges collaboratively.
- Be active in the team evolvement as a high performing team.
- You will be part of a highly qualified and experienced team developing features that provides scalability and performance in our software platform. As an example you will be maintaining and developing software that gives our customers the unique power to define rules of their business operations, e.g. to set rules of time to rest for the pilots between flights.
- The software platform and its modules are mainly implemented in C++ and the OS is Linux. Python and Java are also used when writing test cases and in communication upstream and downstream in the solutions.
- We strive to have strong and empowered teams that takes full responsibility and have the autonomy to be high performing and deliver high product quality through speed, continuous improvement and in close collaboration with other teams and stakeholders.
- Our teams work in an agile setup integrated in our SAFe inspired framework that secures structure and cadence of delivery in our release trains and we ship code to our clients every 6th week.
- We value product quality where build environment, tests and CI/CD in combination with a DevOps mindset are crucial parts for success in our journey from on premises solutions towards SaaS solutions.
- We believe you have a strong analytical approach to problem solving, good communication skills and an interest for technology as well as human relations. A good understanding and experience of agile methodology is highly valued.
- We also think you are driven, committed, have a positive attitude and are comfortable with continuous team growth and having fun.
- You will have great opportunities to influence, learn and grow as a software developer and individual. We offer several education and training possibilities in order to get under the hood of our product solutions technically and also from a customer point of view.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in computing engineering or other relevant or equivalent education or experience
- 6+ years of experience in C++ programming and a true developer craftsmanship
- Good knowledge and skills in Java, Python and Linux
- Good knowledge and interests in unit testing, build pipes and CI/CD
- Interest in data modelling, concurrency and memory management
- Interest in functional programming (Haskell)
- Common database modelling knowledge
- A curious mind and a true continuous improvement mindset
- A team player with high integrity
- Experience in using and understanding agile methodology’
- Experience and interest in DevOps
- Fluency in English (our corporate language), spoken and written
We look forward to leveraging your knowledge and experience to improve our products even further and welcome you as a member joining a highly skilled team passionate about creating world-leading capabilities for our customers.