Your Future is Built Here
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
A leader in aviation and aviation training products is looking for the best to journey with us into the future of navigation! For more than 80 years, Jeppesen, a Boeing subsidiary, has made it possible for pilots and their passengers to safely and efficiently reach their destinations. We are the world’s leading provider of aeronautical data and are combining our company’s enduring spirit of innovation with a legacy of leadership in aviation to deliver 21st century navigation and optimization solutions.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer in performance testing for our office in Gothenburg, Sweden. We need a candidate with a passion for software performance testing to work with improving our existing solutions as well as taking part in innovating new solutions to meet existing and future problems.
We strive to continuously improve and are on a journey to transform to an even more agile, even leaner and even more dynamic organization. You will work in a one-of-a-kind software development organization with fascinating solutions that make a real difference to people around the world, every second of the day. You will be surrounded by extremely talented colleagues, up for any challenge and who will not hesitate to challenge you in our centrally located office in Göteborg. You will have the opportunity to learn and broaden your views by working with more than 200 engineers from more than 30 different nations, all under the same roof. Most importantly, you will be expected to make a difference. We want a colleague who is a great team player and strives towards keeping a positive environment within the team, we expect you to be an active learner and have a creative mindset; We think that you like problem solving and that you have a quality oriented mindset that is exhibited through root cause analysis of test failures, performance and scalability issues; We expect you to have the ability to design and implement solutions as well as evaluating performance and scalability of applications; We expect you to be committed and self-sufficient; We think that you are helpful and collaborative and that you are passionate about keeping yourself up-to-date with current best practices and not afraid to drive and implement changes.
- Performance testing
- Test automation
- Quality assurance
- Root cause analysis of test failures, performance- and scalability issues
- Design and implement solutions
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Fluency in English language
- Expert Linux knowledge
- Experience in Python, C and shell scripts to automate the installation of systems and simulation of workload
- A good background knowledge about how resource planning processes work in the airline industry
- Technical expertise in performance requirements analysis, design, effort estimation, testing and delivery of SaaS solutions
- Infrastructure and cloud service knowledge
- Be able to develop scripts and processes to test software applications using Load Runner, JMeter or similar products
- Execute tests, analyze test results and present reliable reports on response times, throughput, network utilization and other significant performance metrics
- Good understanding of how CI/CD pipelines work. Be able to implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in collaborating with Development, Site Engineers, DevOps and other teams in evaluating performance issues and provide solutions
Employer willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Degree in computer science or equivalent working experience
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master, 4 year’s related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate’s eligibility
Please apply by sending your CV in English.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing’s values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company’s commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Individual Contributor
Contingent Upon Program Award
- No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Full time
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.