At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) as a Software Engineer – Autonomous Systems based in Bristol or Fleet (UK).
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to support adjacent Defence and Security domains at Boeing locations and Customer sites across the UK, including Autonomous Systems, C4ISR Systems, Training and Simulation, Cyber, Space, Intelligence and Security.
As a consequence of our growing business we have a number of exciting career opportunities within our Mission Systems Engineering Capability, which is responsible for the Research and Development of Advanced Technology and the Design, Development and Certification of our Mission Systems and Sub-Systems.
You will join a rapidly growing Engineering Capability with a culture for development, collaboration and success. Initially you will be assigned to our Autonomous Systems Programmes, which operate across the Air and Maritime domains, with future opportunity to develop your interests across the breadth of the Mission Systems portfolio.
We work in an exciting, faced-paced and dynamic environment, but your wellbeing is important to us and we strive to find a healthy life balance and with an ethical team culture and strong emphasis on openness, collaboration, innovation, safety and first time quality.
- Working in an agile development environment
- Contributing to all aspects of the concept and product development lifecycle
- Operating within adaptable team structures chartered with the innovation necessary to create differentiating concepts, solutions and products at high velocity
- Working within exacting and accredited quality standards
- Using contemporary tools and methods designed to expedite the transition from concept to product
- Possible support and mentoring of junior team members
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a UK SECURITY CHECK.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
- Degree in a numerate subject, ideally Computer Science is preferred
- Practical experience of Agile Software Engineering best practices
- Hands on proficiency in one or more of C++, C#, Java, or closely related language
- Knowledge of Acoustic Signals Processing in the Maritime domain would be highly beneficial
- Familiarity with contemporary integrated development environments including agile management, version control, issue tracking, code review and continuous integration methods and tools (ideally the Atlassian toolset)
- Familiarity with contemporary Cloud Architectures, Virtualisation and Containerisation methods, tools and techniques (ideally OpenShift)
- Familiarity with or aspiration to design, develop, integrate and test Real Time Mission Systems, Sensor Payloads, Communications Systems and/or Ground Control Systems for Autonomous Systems
- Familiarity with DevOps, Automation and CICD concepts
- Familiarity with modern web application frameworks (i.e. Angular, React, etc.)
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering principals
- Familiarity with Solutions Architecture principals
- Familiarity with whole lifecycle Software Engineering exploiting contemporary tools and processes
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply for this role as soon as possible, as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.