Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing’s Space & Launch Engineering team is seeking Lead Structural Analysts to join our team in Huntsville, AL.
NASA’s Space Launch System (SLS) provides a critical heavy-lift capability, powering people and cargo to/beyond our moon and into deep space. SLS launches larger payloads farther in our solar system, faster than ever before possible. It will be the most powerful rocket ever built, enabling diverse exploration, science and security missions. Boeing is the prime contractor for the design, development, test and production of the launch vehicle cryogenic stages, as well as development of the avionics suite. This position is for a stress analyst to join our SLS Exploration Upper Stage (EUS) Team to enable NASA to send large co-manifested payloads and along with an astronaut crew back to the Lunar Surface to support the overall Artemis Program.
- Analysis, test, and certification of space flight hardware designs for NASA’s Space Launch Systems, Core Stage and/or Exploration Upper Stage (EUS).
- Leadership will include tasking and oversight of junior and senior stress analysts.
- Method selection, tools, and technical authority will be developed.
- Customer contact and coordination will be instrumental.
- Hardware includes cryogenic, pressurized and unpressurized structure, propulsion delivery systems, mechanisms and mechanical systems.
- Production support is also performed if/as required.
- Some travel will be possible during the program development lifecycle to support the production facility in New Orleans, test houses and suppliers in various states.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility. Access to the facility requires a background investigation by U.S. Government authorities.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience working with stress analysis/structural analysis.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors degree of higher in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering Discipline.
- Experience with Abaqus & PATRAN FEA Software
- Experience with Python and Matlab
- Experience with Space or launch or aircraft.
- Experience with NASA or Air Force programs.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years’ related work experience, Master+7 years’ related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Huntsville, Alabama, Additional Locations New Orleans, LA
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor – 4
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.