At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
We are Boeing Research & Technology: Boeing’s global research and development team developing and implementing innovative technologies that make the impossible possible and enabling the future of aerospace. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and bold innovators. Join us and put your passion, determination, and skill to work building the future!
Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) is looking for Graduate Researchers. At BR&T, we provide innovative technologies that enable the development of future aerospace solutions. This position will join the Structural Concepts Team for work on materials and structures for hypersonic vehicles.
- Support definition of requirements, subsequent structural concepts and materials development, and structural testing in support of hypersonic flight vehicles.
- Contribute to the hypersonic airframe integration by providing design and engineering analysis of coordinated engineered materials & structures. This includes ceramic matrix composite (CMC) design and analysis with emphasis on thermo/structural response; structural textile design; damage and damage progression modeling; environmental degradation modeling & simulation; and multi-scale structural modeling including component level structures, joints, and embedded systems such as actuation.
- Utilize FEA based structural analysis tools to model combined/simultaneous thermo structural response and simulate failure modes to be correlated and verified to structural concept tests.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university pursuing a Doctorate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field of Study.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- The ability to work a minimum of 10 weeks (12 weeks preferred) in Summer 2021.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Thermo/structural FEA modeling & simulation
- Damage and damage progression modeling in ceramic and/or polymer composites
- Environmental degradation (e.g. creep or oxidation) and impact to structural performance modeling & simulation
- Efficient multi-scale structural modeling
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor – A
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.