Your future is built here.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values.
We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are looking for a Senior Regulatory Affairs Engineer to be based in Hanoi, Vietnam. The selected candidate will support the Boeing Product & Services Safety organization as a technical liaison with Boeing International (SE Asia office), SE Asia regional governmental agencies, primarily Vietnam CAAV, and various industry and trade organizations in the region on technical and regulatory issues and policies. The individual plays a vital role in developing, maintaining and enhancing key regulatory relationships.
This position will be hired on a 2 years fixed term contract with possibility to convert to an open ended contract, subject to business conditions and individual performance.
- Develops, maintains and utilizes personal and organizational relationships with regulatory authorities within Indonesia in order to support stakeholder alignment and success
- Monitors and responds to technical developments including certification, safety, and regulatory issues, including coordinating and developing impact assessments for regulatory policy changes
- Develops integrated plans, and establishes and leads cross-organizational teams to respond to regulatory and policy changes or safety initiatives and to proactively advocate for Boeing strategic objectives
- Develops and executes communication strategies and messaging for a variety of stakeholder groups.
- Represents Boeing on technical committees and at conferences or events within SE Asia
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese
- Candidate must be able to travel up to 25% time. Regional travel will be necessary along with occasional travel to the United States is required
- Self-motivated, able to work under consultative direction, has excellent people skills, and has the ability to negotiate, build consensus, and deliver results
- Experience with certification, working with civil aviation regulations, Safety processes, or policy development
- Experience with integration of technical impacts and plans across multiple functions or Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Works well with diverse group of people
- Must be willing to stretch beyond their experience base and lead where process definition may not exist or is unclear
- Experience influencing and building strong relationships with stakeholders and partnerships
Type of Education & Experience
- Technical degree (Bachelor or Masters) from an accredited course of study. (A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in an engineering, mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study)
- Typically 9 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years’ related work experience, Master+7 years’ related work experience, 13 years’ related work experience, etc.
- Relocation assistance is a negotiable benefit for the successful candidate
- This requisition is for a locally hired position. Benefits and payment are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
- Individual Contributor
Contingent Upon Program Award
- No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.