Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program.
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
We are seeking a Guidance, Navigation & Control Engineer to join the development team of the Overture supersonic airliner. You will be responsible for supporting the design of Flight Control Laws on the Overture supersonic airliner, working with the Overture Design group to assist in flight controls design and supporting other multi-disciplinary development activities of the Overture aircraft.
A Typical Day Might Include:
- Working with the Overture design group (especially Stability & Control and Simulation disciplines) to assess aircraft aerodynamic characteristics, and to develop a representative 6DoF and LOES, flight model.
- Help define the architecture of the Flight Control Laws for Overture.
- Evaluating the performance of the Control Laws architecture.
- Creation of tools for Flight Control Laws development.
- Soliciting feedback from pilots, or other design disciplines.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid experience with simulation/analysis of ﬂight models using Matlab & Simulink, including closed-loop flight control system design & optimization.
- Good grasp of aerodynamics, aero-elastics and aircraft load constraints.
- Experience in Flight Control Laws development on a Part 25 program.
- Experience with Pilot-in-the loop testing at simulation and integration Labs as well as Certification
- Flight test environments.
- Good grasp of electro-hydraulic flight control actuation systems.
- Veriﬁcation of handling qualities against Part 25 and/or MIL-STD-1797B.
- In depth knowledge of software verification and requirement guidelines (DO178/ARP4754).
- A relevant Bachelor’s Engineering degree or higher level of education.
- At least 2 + years of relevant experience.
- Effective communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communicating complex technical results to a wide audience.
- Tool automation using Python and/or Matlab.
- S&C experience preferred.
- Masters degree.
- Salary Range for this position is $90,000-$120,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the
- level of the position.
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential.
- Open PTO.