Supersonic is here
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
We are seeking a Loads and Dynamics Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for leading the L&D team through early design cycles to develop the external loads and flutter analysis and certify the industry’s leading supersonic aircraft Overture and support the technical demonstrator, XB-1 flight test.
- Develop certification plan, means of compliance, and interpret issue papers related to loads and flutter.
- Collaborate across key disciplines (mass properties, flight controls, propulsion, flight sciences, structures, etc) to develop data needed for the aircraft loads in support of multiple load cycles.
- Guide team efforts on the development and maturation of static loads, dynamic flight loads (gust), dynamic ground loads (landing), and flutter analysis procedures to support downstream design and certification efforts.
- Ability to apply knowledge of aeroelasticity principles to develop aircraft conceptual design guidance.
- Aircraft flight flutter testing, including test point definition, control room experience, and coordination with the flight test team.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree in engineering with 15 or more years of experience in aerospace or an equivalent combination of technical education and aerospace experience
- 10+ years of experience in a relevant aircraft product development role
- Experience with certifying a Part 23/25 commercial aircraft. Knowledge of Part 23/25 sections relevant to loads and flutter, including AC 25.629. Experience coordinating with the FAA.
- Knowledge in planning for multiple load cycle development
- Experience leading an analysis team of loads, dynamics, and flutter engineers
- Knowledge of industry standard procedures for static/ dynamic loads, and flutter
- Experience with fly-by-wire aircraft and aeroservoelastic implications
- Participation in at least one aircraft flight flutter test program
It would be great if you had:
- Supersonic delta wing experience
- Nastran/Zaero experience
- Experience with Ground Vibration Testing (GVT)/ Structural Coupling Testing (SCT)