Supersonic is here
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
Boom is looking for an exceptionally talented Software Engineer to support the development, integration and testing of the flight software for the XB-1. As part of the small team you will be involved in the flight critical software development, telemetry integration, flight simulator software development, and software and hardware in the loop testing. The role requires working closely with the aircraft systems engineers and test pilots.
- Contributes to planning, developing, communicating and iterating Aircraft level Electrical Systems Designs.
- Provide technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and application of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems.
- Develop effective approaches to evolving schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under minimal oversight or supervision.
- Acts as liaison with technical leaders in other design and manufacturing disciplines.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science or physics with 5 or more years of experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience
- Significant experience in C++
- Experience interfacing with I/O hardware including analog, discrete, and serial data
- Experience with socket programming and network communication including an understanding of the physical, data, network, and transport layers
- Experience developing automated test suites
- Exposure to a wide variety of software development standards
- Experience with real time operating systems and process scheduling
- Significant experience with Linux system administration
- Excellent communication skills — able to partner internally and research and interact with potential suppliers
- Experience in aerospace or automotive software development
- Experience with both hardware and software development strongly desired
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink
- Experience with DO-178 software development
- Experience with manned experimental aircraft flight testing. Working knowledge of sensors and flight test instrumentation, analog and digital I/O, and data synchronization
- Experience integrating COTS components including navigation, air data, and communication equipment into airframes
- Experience with homebuilt aircraft and experimental aviation a plus