Supersonic is here
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
We are seeking a Propulsion Engineer- Staff Scientist to join our team. You will be responsible for developing propulsion/engine architecture for future aircraft platforms as part of the Advance Technology Team. The architecture definition would have a focus in developing a propulsion concept that provides Supersonic capability while meeting Quiet Takeoff performance.
- Identify propulsion technologies that could provide supersonic capability for large commercial
- Identify potential solutions for Quiet Takeoff that will meet future Noise regulations with margin.
- Identify and implement into design solutions opportunities for reductions in emissions (CO2, NOx, nvPM).
- Carry out trade studies to evaluate solutions.
- Collaborate with other team members and suppliers throughout the design & integration activities.
- Identify Integration (aircraft / propulsion) solutions.
- Master’s Degree in engineering or related experience.
- 15+ years of Propulsion experience with ability to perform engine performance calculations and analysis for trade studies.
- Experience in engine Preliminary Design activities
- Experience and Knowledge of Supersonic enabling technologies
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- The ability to interface effectively with different groups internally and externally.
- Excellent problem-solving leadership skills; can lead a team through solving hard, complex, ambiguous technical problems.
- PHD in related field of engineering.
- Experience with development of supersonic aircraft technologies
- Experience with supersonic inlet, engine and/or nozzle development
- Knowledge of aero acoustics and noise reducing technologies
- Knowledge of high-speed aerodynamics
- Experience with patent applications
- Member of aerospace industry advisory and / or rule-making boards.