Fast access to key orbits and space logistics
We are looking for a candidate to join our small design team to develop, test, qualify and initialise manufacture of modules for a deep-space avionics stack.
You will be a key member of a new, small team building out a full avionics stack product. Our team in Luxembourg is a subsidiary of the Netherland-based Bradford Space. It will focus on the single objective of building a reliable, performing, and mass-optimised flight avionics system for upcoming deep-space smallsats and landers. You would take the responsibility the operational management of the project, customer interfacing and office administrative duties.
The operation will aim to blend the responsible, high-quality engineering practices of traditional aerospace engineering while implementing the rapid iterative development methods and dynamic workplace culture of a New-Space style start-up.
- A strong capability in organising schedules, cost management, resources allocations and reporting
- An engineering background or extensive time working with engineering workflows
- A positive, energetic and self-driven attitude
- Proficient English language skills & a strong communicator
- Strongly valued skills
- Expertise with project management tools and methodologies
- Clear, timely and professional communications skills towards customers
- Previous work in the space sector and/or an understanding of the commercial space business
- Familiarity with space industry standards and procedures, particularly ECSS-M
- Prior experience with requirements and document management
- Understanding of the engineering development and manufacture process, particularly for
- Familiarity with space hardware product assurance techniques and the qualification process
- Advanced collaborative IT skills (MS ecosystem/Azure/Sharepoint administration)
- Confident mastery (B-level or higher) of German, French or Luxembourgish
- A love of bullet-point lists
- In tight coordination with the Avionics Systems Engineer, manage the project’s schedule, budget,
resources, risks, tasks and compliances.
- Create cashflow and financial forecasts, and execute some financial operations
- Manage the interface with Bradford Space HQ, reporting monthly project status and
implementing Bradford’s OnTimeOnQualityOnCost (oToQoC) philosophy
- Manage the interface with ESA and other customers, providing reports and updates as needed
- Help with the management of supply chain
- Lead the development of internal processes and workflows
- Conduct document management, wiki editing, facilities management and other office tasks
- Assist with hiring and staff management
- Lead the identification and setup of a new premises
- Help us build a kick-ass team and a great workplace!
What we can offer in return
We offer you the chance to participate in, in a leadership position, the development of a completely new type of modular flight avionics system that will enable a new class of deep-space missions. An opportunity to be a key part of exciting missions to the Moon – and beyond – launching in the near future. You would take on an important role in a new, revenue-generating company, with a mandate to focus on technical design and implementation on an aggressive development schedule featuring rapid hardware iterations.
You would be working side by side with experts in other avionics domains, giving the chance to learn about other avionics subsystems. The position is in Luxembourg, a beautiful, cosmopolitan and welcoming country at the heart of Europe.
Duty station: Belval Luxembourg, with occasional travel needed
We would usually expect candidates to have 3-5 years’ experience in relevant fields. The role is open to candidates of any age, gender, orientation, that have or can get work authorization within the EU.