Fast access to key orbits and space logistics
We are looking for a candidate to join our small design team to develop, test, qualify and initialise
manufacture of modules for a deep-space avionics stack.
You will be a key member of a new, small team building out a full avionics stack product. Our team in Luxembourg is a subsidiary of the Netherland-based Bradford Space. It will focus on the single objective of building a reliable, performing, and mass-optimised flight avionics system for upcoming deep-space smallsats and landers. You would take the responsibility the operational management of the project, customer interfacing and office administrative duties.
The operation will aim to blend the responsible, high-quality engineering practices of traditional aerospace engineering while implementing the rapid iterative development methods and dynamic workplace culture of a New-Space style start-up.
- Practical experience with RF circuit testing, rework, tuning and troubleshooting (> 10 GHz)
- Working knowledge of microwave test and measurement equipment
- Fluent understanding of RF and electronic system diagrams and schematics
- Versatility to fill a number of different roles needed in the development process as needed
- Proficient English language skills
- Background in radio design principles and underlying physics
- Good knowledge of available radio technologies, parts, processes, techniques and suppliers
- Working knowledge of the space environment, spacecraft radio systems, and the unique aspects
of radio design in space
- Prior experience working with spacecraft radios or ground segment equipment
- Understanding of space hardware quality standards and the qualification process
- Awareness of modulation schemes, encoding & software design aspects
- Build-for-test design, and hardware/software test campaign development & execution
- Build-for-manufacture design experience
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards (e.g. ECSS & IPC)
- Practical experience running test campaigns (TVAC, vibration, radiation etc)
- Build, prototype, test and qualify a radio subsystem – both prototypes and flight hardware – as part of the transponder development team
- Participate and creatively contribute to product design process
- Deliver, to manufacturing stage, a performing product
- Manage and maintain a development workshop and tooling
What we can offer in return
We offer you the chance to participate in, in a leadership position, the development of a completely new type of modular flight avionics system that will enable a new class of deep-space missions. An opportunity to be a key part of exciting missions to the Moon – and beyond – launching in the near future. You would take on an important role in a new, revenue-generating company, with a mandate to focus on technical design and implementation on an aggressive development schedule featuring rapid hardware iterations.
You would be working side by side with experts in other avionics domains, giving the chance to learn about other avionics subsystems. The position is in Luxembourg, a beautiful, cosmopolitan and welcoming country at the heart of Europe.
Duty station: Belval Luxembourg, with occasional travel needed
We would usually expect candidates to have 4+ years’ experience in relevant fields. The role is open to candidates of any age, gender, orientation, that have or can get work authorization within the EU.