Bradford Space is a high-tech developer and manufacturer that has been innovating the space industry for over three decades. Bradford has over 35 years of experience developing and manufacturing state of the art in-orbit systems and components. Today, this US-owned company with headquarters in New York City and operations in the Netherlands, Sweden and Luxembourg builds high performance spacecraft propulsion systems, avionics, attitude orbit control systems, microgravity workspaces, and is developing Space Mission Services for beyond LEO infrastructure.
Are you passionate about expanding civilization into deep space? Join us in building new economies through establishment of critical space infrastructure. We are looking for a unique software engineer that can think creatively about system and device level software and realize our vision for future space systems. Your role will be development and implementation of innovative spacecraft software solutions that achieve the vision with minimal cost, lead-time, and mass. The ideal candidate would have a passion for space, experience with software development and implementation for systems of similar complexity to spacecraft, and the ability to rapidly innovate.
- Design spacecraft flight computer including schematic capture, WCCA, BOM, and layout.
- Support manufacturing of prototype hardware
- Develop test systems for design validation and production acceptance testing.
- Perform validation testing of avionics including qualification and flight acceptance
- Support hardware / electrical / software assembly and testing for HIL/SIL prototype development, qualification, and acceptance.
- Perform team and person-person engineering quality reviews.
- Evaluate new technologies for infusion into our designs.
- Support development and release of flight software and control versioning.
- Support flight operations.
- US Citizenship
- Bachelor degree or higher in electrical engineering.
- Demonstrated passion for space exploration and the mission of Bradford Space.
- Demonstrated excellence in electrical engineering through project execution.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- 2+ years of demonstrated excellence in industry as an electrical engineer including direct experience with analog, digital, or mixed-signal circuits, CPU/FPGA/ASICs, and ethernet device interfaces
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated excellence in industry as an electrical engineer including direct experience with analog, digital, or mixed-signal circuits, CPU/FPGA/ASICs, and ethernet device interfaces.
- Experience with programming FPGAs and/or programming device layer software in C.
- Prior experience with spacecraft flight electronics.
- DoD Security Clearance