Bradford Space masters propulsion technologies ranging from cold gas, through water, non-toxic monopropellants, and electric propulsion.
Bradford Engineering B.V., a Bradford Space subsidiary, is a Netherlands based supplier of Attitude and Orbit Control Systems (AOCS), Propulsion, Avionics and Thermal solutions for spacecraft. Our expertise in the field of satellite propulsion covers the entire range from cold gas, gas feed systems for electrical thrusters, to chemical propulsion.
One of our strong propulsion solutions is the unique technology developed by our subsidiary Bradford ECAPS: An environmentally benign propellant LMP-103S, which is a green and safer alternative to
Hydrazine, today’s most common satellite fuel. Our strategy is to completely transition our chemical propulsion systems to utilize the LMP-103S propellant and ECAPS thrusters.
The role manages and acts as a primary point of contact for Customers and the Propulsion Core Teams
(System Engineer and Product Assurance Engineer) and is responsible for
Product Leadership (OnTime/OnQuality/OnCost) for Propulsion Subsystems
The role consists of a considerable variety of tasks amongst which, planning of resources, production and/or tools, preparation of proposals, managing project administration, evaluating and managing the oToQoC performance of the projects and programs under your responsibility, and reporting to the management team on a monthly basis. The Program Manager reports directly to the Site Director.
The Program Manager Propulsion is primarily responsible within Bradford Engineering B.V. for the execution of commercial, technical, operational and quality policies related to the Propulsion portfolio, as well as it may include support to worldwide business development activities.
You need to have the ability to work independently, provide leadership to the propulsion core team, and act as an ambassador for the Bradford Space group during customer, supplier and stakeholder interface
meetings. You have strong management and negotiation skills, and willingness to further develop yourself, your colleagues and the organization. You are familiar with the field of satellite propulsion, can establish and execute roadmaps to support future developments and markets, and are able to develop and express this vision to a large number of internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a Project Management role in a high-technology, multi-disciplinary industry or similar setting
- Knowledge of spacecraft propulsion is key
- Experience in management of multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in financial management and reporting, including familiarity with ERP and planning
- Strong communication skills, ability to reflect and knows how to motivate others
- Fluent in (technical) English, both in speech and writing
- Master or Bachelor degree in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Driving license and willingness to travel
- Experience in the spaceflight industry, preferably as a satellite equipment supplier
- Knowledge on the current technology status and market-related to spaceflight propulsion
We offer a varied job in an exciting industry where you play a big part, in the provision of innovative
propulsion solutions for satellites on a global market.