Technologies for low-cost deep-space exploration!
We are looking for a candidate to join our small design team to develop, test, qualify and initialise manufacture of modules for a deep-space avionics stack.
You will be a key member of a new, small team building out a full avionics stack product. Our team in Luxembourg is a subsidiary of the Netherland-based Bradford Space. It will focus on the single objective of building a reliable, performing, and mass-optimised flight avionics system for upcoming deep-space smallsats and landers. We operate following a hybrid model that aims to fuse the rapid development and commercial processes of a NewSpace company, while attaining a higher degree of quality assurance in the end product.
You would take the responsibility for the low-level design, construction and test of RF hardware, under the direction of the lead radio engineer.
- Practical experience with RF circuit testing, rework, tuning and troubleshooting (>2 GHz)
- Working knowledge of microwave test and measurement equipment
- Fluent understanding of RF and electronic system diagrams and schematics
- Versatility to fill a number of different roles needed in the development process as needed
- Proficient English language skills
Strongly Valued Characteristics
- Background in radio design principles and underlying physics
- Experience with higher-frequency systems (>20 GHz)
- Good knowledge of available radio technologies, parts, processes, techniques and suppliers
- Working knowledge of the space environment, spacecraft radio systems, and the unique aspects of radio design in space
- Prior experience working with spacecraft radios or ground segment equipment
- Understanding of space hardware quality standards and the qualification process
- Awareness of modulation schemes, encoding & software design aspects
- Skills in electronic product design, schematic capture and/or PCB layout
- Build-for-test design, and hardware/software test campaign development & execution
- Build-for-manufacture design experience
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards (e.g. CCSDS, ECSS & IPC)
- Practical experience running test campaigns (TVAC, vibration, radiation etc)
- A love of bullet-point lists
- Build, test and qualify a radio subsystem – components, prototypes and flight hardware – as part of the transponder development team
- Participate and creatively contribute to product design process, particularly low-level hardware design
- Prepare key documentation for team use and deliverables for stakeholders
- Deliver, to manufacturing stage, a performing product
- Manage and maintain a development workshop and tooling
What we can offer in return
- We offer you the chance to participate in the development of a completely new type of modular flight avionics system that will enable a new class of deep-space missions.
- An opportunity to be a key part of exciting missions to the Moon – and beyond – launching in the near future.
- You would take on an important role in a new, revenue-generating company, with a mandate to focus on technical design and implementation on an aggressive development schedule featuring rapid hardware iterations.
- You would be working closely with RF frontend and SDR experts, giving great opportunities to develop RF skills.
- The position is in Luxembourg, a beautiful, international and welcoming country at the heart of Europe.