Bradford Space is a high-tech developer and manufacturer that has been innovating the space industry for over three decades. Bradford has over 35 years’ experience developing and manufacturing state of the art in-orbit systems and components. Today, this US-owned company with headquarters in New York City and operations in the Netherlands, Sweden and Luxembourg builds high performance spacecraft propulsion systems, avionics, attitude orbit control systems, microgravity workspaces, and is developing the highly maneuverable Explorer spacecraft for beyond LEO missions.
We are looking for a Design & Production Engineer to join Bradford Engineering B.V., a Bradford Space subsidiary, is a Netherlands based supplier of Attitude and Orbit Control Systems (AOCS), Propulsion, Avionics and Thermal solutions for spacecraft.
The Design & Production Engineer requires conceptual direction with specification like technical inputs from a Senior Engineer on design tasks. Incompletely defined requirements must be developed into specific designs generating a full design package consisting of layouts, schematics, detail drawings, assembly drawings, parts lists, etc. suitable for subsequently production release. Working independently or with a System Engineer, Design and Production Engineer Mechanical also generates dimensional and functional specifications for vendor supplied components. The position presents design results for review and substantiates soundness of design through discussion of assumptions, constraints and analyses used. The position requires a level of technical know-how that is commensurate with extensive experience in the design of high performance, high density packages. Together with the Operational Planner you bring the overview of all assembly, logistics between suppliers and testing task to perform within the Organization. This process consists of a considerable variety of tasks amongst which, operational, administrative, commercial and business aspects. Supporting tasks will be related to Work preparation. The prioritization of task will be managed with the Operations Manager on a day to day basis.
The assigned main tasks are but not limited to:
- Interact with project teams on:
- Discuss concepts and translate conceptual drawings in design drawings.
- Create details part and product drawings 3D and 2D.
- Prepare complete designs, often complex, with minimal technical inputs by comprehending the total task and planning out the detail requirements.
- Realize designs according statements of work.
- Realize BOM’s and other relevant project document.
- Create the article numbers in the ERP system.
- Create the ERP structure (if applicable).
- Prepare complex redesigns and repackaging of existing products through proper component and hardware sizing, selection, etc.
- Select components, materials and processes.
- Design (test) tooling and fixtures when required.
- Assure timely completion of assigned projects.
- Coordinate with Production to develop effective production control configurations (kit structure, alternate parts, revision control, etc.)
- Archive and maintain archived drawings or relevant project documents.
- Helping on work preparation with a higher focus on mechanical work preparation.
- Preparing the work packages for the Mechanical production.
- Participating in the Release meeting process.
- Minimum two years related mechanical design experience.
- MBO certificate (post-secondary vocational education) or by equivalent experience.
- Experience with a 3D models software tool, Autodesk Inventor is preferred.
- Should have a good command of Dutch, both spoken and written (Dutch B1).
- Should have a good command of English, both spoken and written (Technical English B1).
- MS Office.
- Driving license and willingness to travel.
What we can offer in return We offer a varied job in an exciting industry where you play a big part, in the provision of innovative solutions for satellites on a global market.
Duty station: Heerle, The Netherlands, with occasional travel needed.
We would usually expect candidates to have 2+ years’ experience in relevant fields. The role is open to candidates of any age, gender, orientation, that have already work authorization within the EU.
Is this you? If so, drop us an application.