Bradford Space is a high-tech developer and manufacturer that has been innovating the space industry for over three decades. Bradford has over 35 years’ experience developing and manufacturing state of the art in-orbit systems and components. Today, this US-owned company with headquarters in New York City and operations in the Netherlands, Sweden and Luxembourg builds high performance spacecraft propulsion systems, avionics, attitude orbit control systems, microgravity workspaces, and is developing the highly maneuverable Explorer spacecraft for beyond LEO missions.
We are looking for a Project Lead Recurring Projects to join Bradford Engineering B.V., a Bradford Space subsidiary, is a Netherlands based supplier of Attitude and Orbit Control Systems (AOCS), Propulsion, Avionics and Thermal solutions for spacecraft.
Bradford Space is a World Leader in Sun Sensors and Pressure Transducers, which are continuously evolving in order to secure its position on the world market.
The Project Lead Recurring Projects manages all aspects of the programs and acts as a primary point of contact for Customers and is leading the product Core Teams (System Engineer and Product Assurance Engineer), while fostering an Operational Excellence strategy (OnCost/OnQuality/OnTime).
The role involves a considerable variety of tasks amongst which, planning of resources, production and/or tools, preparation of proposals, managing project administration, evaluating and managing the oCoQoT performance of the projects under your responsibility, and reporting to the leadership team on a monthly basis. The Project Lead reports directly to the Program Manager.
The Project Lead Recurring Projects is primarily responsible within Bradford Engineering B.V. for the execution of commercial, technical, operational and quality policies related to the Sun Sensors and Pressure Transducers portfolio, as well as it may include support to world-wide business development activities.
- The Project Lead manages Customer requirements in line with the contractual agreements in terms of Compliance, Risk, Schedule, Quality and Cost (Budget).
- The Project Lead is, for the total duration of one or multiple projects, responsible for resource planning, contact with the Customer, definition of the program, quality and profitability in lieu of the oCoQoT philosophy.
- The Project Lead directly supervises the project or product core team according Bradford’s procedures specifically related to the Project Management tools.
- The Project Lead is pro-actively engaged to continuously improve the overall project performance in line with the KPI’s agreed with the Direct Manager.
- The Project Lead is the responsible for preparing proposals, involving core team members for specific expertise area’s or volumes.
- The Project Lead has a close contact with the Projects Manager in terms of monthly status reporting during the Project Status Review.
- Support the Program Manager with competent and effective organization by selecting, training, appraising, developing and motivating of the Core Team System Engineers.
- The Project Lead is up to date in relation to competitor product development & performance: understands market requirements for current & future products and delivers roadmap input
- Minimum three years’ experience in a Project Management role in a high-technology, multidisciplinary industry or similar setting
- Experience in management of multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in financial management and reporting, including familiarity with ERP and planning software
- Strong communication skills, ability to reflect and knows how to motivate others
- Proficiency in (technical) English (C2)
- Intermediate in Dutch (B1)
- Master or Bachelor degree in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Driving license and willingness to travel Strongly valued/desired skills
- Experience in the spaceflight industry, preferably as a satellite equipment supplier
- Knowledge on the current technology status and market related to spaceflight components in AOCS and/or Propulsion.
We would usually expect candidates to have 3+ years’ experience in relevant fields.
What we can offer in return
We offer a varied job in an exciting industry where you play a big part, in the provision of innovative solutions for satellites on a global market.
Duty station: Heerle, The Netherlands, with occasional travel needed
The role is open to candidates of any age, gender, orientation, that have or can get work authorization within the EU.
Is this you? If so, please apply.