Bradford Space is a high-tech developer and manufacturer that has been innovating the space industry for over three decades. Bradford has over 35 years’ experience developing and manufacturing state of the art in-orbit systems and components. Today, this US-owned company with headquarters in New York City and operations in the Netherlands, Sweden and Luxembourg builds high performance spacecraft propulsion systems, avionics, attitude orbit control systems, microgravity workspaces, and is developing the highly maneuverable Explorer spacecraft for beyond LEO missions.
PROGRAM MANAGER – ECAPS AB
We are in the process of industrializing our HPGP technology and are increasing series production of thrusters (1 N) and propulsion systems for use on earth observation satellites.
We are simultaneously developing rocket engines for higher thrust levels (5 N, 22 N and 200 N) to expand our product range.
The Program Manager is up to date in relation to competitor product development & performance: understands market requirements for current & future products and delivers roadmap input.
The role concerns a coordinating and functional leadership role, aimed at achieving an optimal progress of various activities. Controls the project implementation in accordance with technical and financial external specifications and ECAPS Quality Management System, converted into budgets and procedures. Coordinates several projects simultaneously.
The function consists of a considerable variety of tasks amongst which, planning of resources, production and/or tools, calculation of qualitative and quantitative proposals, managing the project administration and evaluating the production and/or program performance based on factual analysis. Results are presented monthly as part of a Program Status Review (PSR). The Program Manager is the primary point of contact to the Customer and project/product core team.
Your profile and tasks
- To satisfactorily meet the requirements of this position, the incumbent must possess project management skills and experience in the areas of project planning, project finance and reporting, internal and external communication. Technical experience must be broad enough to understand products involved in, and relative to the quality, cost, design, and delivery requirements of high-end products.
- You need to have the ability to work independently, but also in an integrated team with continuous dialogue with other colleagues. You are driven, methodical and have high
willingness to take on responsibility and to deliver result meeting stakeholders’ expectations.
- The Program Manager manages Customer requirements in line with the contractual agreements in terms of Compliance, Risk, Schedule, Quality and Cost (Budget).
- The Program Manager is for the total duration of one or multiple projects responsible for resource planning, contact with the Customer, definition of the program, quality,
and profitability in lieu of the “on Time – on Quality – on Cost (oToQoC) philosophy”.
- The Program Manager is pro-actively engaged to continuously improve the overall project performance in line with the agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- The Program Manager is responsible for preparing proposals and for involving core team members for specific expertise area’s or volumes.
- Calm and methodical.
- Responsive, stress resistant.
- Extrovert personality, relationship focused.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- High level taking on responsibility and deliver accordingly.
- Be able to focus on the broader perspective, not get stuck in details.
- Quickly adapt and handle varying outcomes and changing variables.
- Fluency in English, preferably also Swedish, both speech and writing.
- International travels may occur.
- Experience in project planning and management.
- Experience in project finance
- Experience in business management
- Experience of the space industry
- Experience with aerospace propulsion systems.
We offer a varied job in an exciting industry where you play a big part, as a team member, in the provision of High-Performance Green Propulsion (HPGP®) for satellites on a global market!
You will be based at ECAPS AB headquarters in Stockholm, Solna.
We look forward to receiving your application! Please submit as soon as possible, at the latest by April 25th.
Applications are handled as they arrive.