Bradford Space is a high-tech developer and manufacturer that has been innovating the space industry for over three decades. Bradford has over 35 years of experience developing and manufacturing state of the art in-orbit systems and components. Today, this US-owned company with headquarters in New York City and operations in the Netherlands, Sweden and Luxembourg builds high performance spacecraft propulsion systems, avionics, attitude orbit control systems, microgravity workspaces, and is developing Space Mission Services for beyond LEO infrastructure.
Are you passionate about expanding civilization into deep space? Join us in building new economies through establishment of critical space infrastructure. We are looking for a unique software engineer that can think creatively about system and device level software and realize our vision for future space systems. Your role will be development and implementation of innovative spacecraft software solutions that achieve the vision with minimal cost, lead-time, and mass. The ideal candidate would have a passion for space, experience with software development and implementation for systems of similar complexity to spacecraft, and the ability to rapidly innovate.
- Develop spacecraft software architecture.
- Develop operating system and device level software.
- Perform software validation testing.
- Conduct hardware / electrical / software assembly and testing for HIL/SIL prototype development, qualification, and acceptance.
- Perform team and person-person engineering quality reviews.
- Evaluate new software technologies for infusion into our designs.
- Release flight software and control versioning.
- Support flight operations..
- US Citizenship
- Bachelor degree or higher in software engineering.
- Demonstrated passion for space exploration and the mission of Bradford Space.
- Demonstrated excellence in software engineering through project execution.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- 2+ years of demonstrated excellence in industry as a software engineer including direct experience with relevant software development environments.
- Demonstrated ability to author and release production software of similar complexity to spacecraft.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated excellence in industry as a software engineer including direct experience with relevant software development environments.
- Experience with any/all of the following: C & C# development in Visual Studio, Azure development, Azure RTOS, Unity3D, Web APIs, REST APIs, and PLCs.
- Prior experience with spacecraft flight software. 4. DoD Security Clearance