EXPANDING COMMUNICATIONS THROUGH THE LANGUAGE OF LIGHT
BridgeComm is a global leader in optical wireless communications solutions and services. Through a global network of ground stations designed to support complementary fixed and mobile terminals, the company provides fast, secure, enterprise-grade broadband services for a variety of markets, including space exploration, terrestrial networks for 5G connectivity and applications, and airborne lasercomm for prominent applications including intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance, in-flight entertainment, and backhaul.
The Principal Engineer will be a key part of the engineering team in supporting communication system architecture and design decisions for BridgeComm. Primary in this role is to be the systems engineer on optical communication system design. The Principal Engineer will guide the architectural direction for Optical Wireless Communication (OWC) system developments. This includes all parts of the communications system. The Principal Engineer will be highly knowledgeable of communication system-related technologies, working with the Chief Scientist to develop innovative developments of free-space optical systems and continuing to develop applications. The Principal Engineer will also work with the Business Development and Product Management teams on planned proposals and projects, providing the technical background for product planning. In addition, working with the Program Management team for execution on programs, supporting reporting needs and status on programs.
- Perform highly complex analysis, test, design, and/or development.
- Analyze technical development requirements and develop detailed objectives and detailed planning, conceptual designs, and risk analysis.
- Plan strategies for analysis, test, and design against varying requirements.
- Monitor the industry for new product and technology developments.
- Support supplier and vendor solicitation for information and proposals.
- Support the engineering team with reports and design notes.
- Document and present results of analysis, test, and design.
- Interact with internal and external customers; Assist the customer in defining system requirements and in the generation of specifications for products or subsystems.
- Support new business and prepare proposal material.
- Support the engineering team with technical guidance in the design, test, production, and maintenance phases of a project.
- Develop and present materials for project-related briefings including design reviews to be given to internal and external customers.
- Technical experience in a communications-related industry; Background in laser communications highly desired.
- Experience supporting engineering teams in the development of new products.
- Experience in supporting the launch of new products into the marketplace and developing new technology.
- Experience working with intellectual property rights is highly desired.
- Knowledgeable of engineering principles and tools including mechanical CAD models, software development, electrical schematics, interface control documents (thermal, mechanical, electrical, software, etc.), environmental technical impacts on product design, development and testing, and system architecture design.
- Experience working with external customers, partners, and suppliers through successful transactions.
- Proven ability to support negotiations or lead negotiations with external parties.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Track record of independent work and self-motivation.
- BS in Engineering or Physics.
**This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.**
BridgeComm, Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law.