EXPANDING COMMUNICATIONS THROUGH THE LANGUAGE OF LIGHT
BridgeComm is a global leader in optical wireless communications solutions and services. Through a global network of ground stations designed to support complementary fixed and mobile terminals, the company provides fast, secure, enterprise-grade broadband services for a variety of markets, including space exploration, terrestrial networks for 5G connectivity and applications, and airborne lasercomm for prominent applications including intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance, in-flight entertainment, and backhaul.
BridgeComm is seeking a Technical Program Manager for space-segment laser communication terminal development at BridgeComm suppliers. Candidates should have experience in aerospace, communications, or an optical-related industry, as well as a strong history of communicating with external customers and providing direction to internal suppliers.
The Technical Program Manager will monitor development & manufacturing schedules and continually assess technical & programmatic risks. They will become intimately knowledgeable about all technical elements of laser communication terminals and present design and capabilities to potential future customers and work through integration and operations details with existing customers. Working as part of the core leadership team, he/she will develop engineering strategies and technical roadmaps as the company grows into new markets and service offerings. In addition, the Program Manager will provide business development support to the marketing teams and engineering support to the ground operations teams. The ideal candidate will possess a strong willingness and desire to be a “jack-of-all-trades” with an ability to find solutions to any identified skills gap through self-education or the use of external resources.
- Perform highly complex analysis, test, design, and/or development (applicability to optical systems a plus)
- Analyze project requirements and develop detailed objectives and detailed planning, conceptual designs, and risk analysis
- Plan strategies for analysis, test, and design against varying requirements
- Continuously monitor the industry for new product and technology developments
- Lead supplier and vendor solicitation for information and proposals
- Lead the development of reports and design notes
- Document and present results of analysis, test, and design
- Interact with internal and external customers
- Assist customers in defining system requirements and in the generation of specifications for products or subsystems
- Support new business and prepare proposal material
- Provide technical guidance and direction to the engineering team in the design, test, production, and maintenance phases of a project
- Develop and present materials for project-related briefings including design reviews to be given to internal and external customers
- Assist in the company’s various process development initiatives
- Assemble and present program reports for executive management review
- Link budget management
- Contribute to start-up culture infusion
- Program Management to include forecasting and tracking of funds, scheduling, resource management, risks, etc.
- Travel estimated at 20% including travel to Denver, CO, and install locations as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10-15 years Program Management experience
- B.S. degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Physics and/or Optics
- Experience with satellite ground stations
- Experience in developing and deploying RF and Optical ground stations in green fields or on customer existing locations
- Experience with optical payloads and on-board flight software is a plus
- PMP certification is a plus
- Experience with generating and/or manipulating mechanical CAD models, electrical schematics, interface control documents (thermal, mechanical, electrical, software, etc.)
- Understanding of environmental effects (thermal, radiation, mechanical vibration) on engineering products
- Experience with integrating technical products onto next-higher assemblies and ability to flow down requirements to lower-level sub-assemblies
- Ability to communicate effectively to engineers across a variety of technical disciplines
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills, and ability to handle high-stress situations
- Experience with optical systems a plus
- Experience or very strong desire to work with small team building and dynamics of a ‘start-up’
- Experience with Cleanroom and space flight hardware handling
- Exemplary organization skills required, along with the ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously
**This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.**
BridgeComm, Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law.