Es’hailSat was established in 2010 with the goal of managing and developing Qatar’s presence in space.
Reports to: Broadcast Manager
Broadcast Engineers are responsible for the installation, maintenance and operation of all broadcast-related equipment.
Install Broadcast Equipment
- The Broadcast Engineer is responsible for receiving and installing all new audio and visual equipment.
- Designs broadcast system and ensures maximum uptime as per SLA
- They must be capable of reading and understanding schematics and technical manuals in order to effectively follow installation instructions.
Maintain Broadcast equipment
- The Broadcast Engineer is responsible for performing regular maintenance on all broadcast equipment as well as preventative maintenance.
- Perform regular software and hardware updates
- Broadcast Engineers must be extremely knowledgeable regarding all broadcast technology in order to effectively care for equipment and ensure that it does not fail.
- Often working within time-sensitive environments or for live broadcasts, the Broadcast Engineer must be able to quickly troubleshoot and diagnose video and audio issues
- Perform extensive testing before a recording or transmission, as well as solving any problems that arise once a broadcast has begun.
- They have to communicate with third parties, such as the equipment vendors, in order to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
Repair Broadcast equipment
- Responsible for finding a solution and completing repairs to the equipment until it is functioning well again
- Broadcast Engineer is also responsible for identifying when repairs are not possible and new equipment must be ordered.
- Create necessary documents for day to day activity
- Create the schedule for preventive maintenance
- Bachelor’s in engineering
- 5 years as practical experience as a Broadcast Engineer
- Solve Complex Problems
- Time management skills
- Proficient in Windows, Apple, and Linux operating systems
- Demonstrating an ability to interface with clients and other departments
- Fluent in English, both in speaking and writing