BTI is seeking a Systems Engineer to support a three-year project in the space sector, which will result in a payload launch to the lunar surface. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for leading the interdisciplinary approach to understanding the customer requirements, flowing down those requirements to the design teams, verifying and validating the requirements in the final system, and producing the associated documentation.
Candidates must meet the following profile:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent with strong academic or professional record
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, including experience in requirements engineering, design, development, engineering analysis, integration, and test
- Experience with current System Engineering approaches and how they are applied; experience with the Canadian Space Agency’s Systems Engineering Methods and Practices an asset
- Proficiency in managing space industry standard requirements, such as ISO 9001-20152 and IPC-J-STD-001HS, is desirable
- Knowledge and experience in the design, analysis, integration, and test of space systems or products is an asset
- Ability to collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to manage requirements and verification activities throughout a project’s life cycle, including developing and categorizing system level requirements, deriving design level requirements from system requirements, mapping requirements to verification and validation activities, overseeing the execution of verification and validation activities, and preparing the associated documentation
- Ability to generate clear and detailed technical documents, including design specifications, test procedures, and technical reports/presentations
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite of tools; experience with requirements management software tools an asset
- Ability to interface technically with hardware, firmware, and software team members
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills for interfacing with customers and working within a multi-disciplinary team of scientific, engineering, manufacturing, and management personnel
- Must be creative, self‐motivated, organized, receptive to constructive feedback, detail oriented, and able to work under pressure to meet critical deadlines
- Candidate must be able to travel internationally and autonomously
- Candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check as a condition of employment
Interested candidates must electronically submit a cover letter, résumé, copy of relevant transcripts, and contact information for at least two professional references.
Only those candidates granted an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Accommodations for candidates with disabilities are available on request.