ASI is developing a network of small satellites that use a combination of RF and laser communication to provide global data relay services.
Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, the Business Development Lead works to drive business development strategy and the development, growth, and maintenance of new and existing commercial accounts and partnerships. This role is tasked with synthesizing market trends and opportunities and developing optimal sales and outreach strategies to generate revenue for Analytical Space. This role requires a high degree of analytical skills on both business and technical issues.
- Execute this strategy by creating and converting customer pipeline with the support of the business development team.
- This role reports directly to the CRO on a small, tight-knit business development team, with room to make real impact on all aspects of the BD department, including how it sells commercially.
- Utilize professional selling and business development techniques combined with product knowledge to market Analytical Space data relay and other services.
- Represent Analytical Space in various forums (e.g., conferences, symposiums, customer visits) and impart detailed information about Analytical Space.
- Dive deep into complex business problems and deliver actionable insights through data analysis and synthesize results in succinct presentations to aid decision making.
- Create targeting and segmentation schemes to focus sales approach.
- Support business intelligence reporting, marketing execution, and ad hoc analysis.
- Support analysis and targeting of sales efforts through statistical modeling, customer segmentation and profiling, and data mining.
- Develop and maintain authoritative data sources to drive decision-making.
- Participate in proposal development
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline.
- 2+ years experience with complex technology sales
- 2+ years of experience in business development, US Government acquisition, and/or project management or other customer-facing role.
- Knowledge of satellite and remote sensing industry, or passion for learning the industry quickly
- 5+ years experience in the space industry preferred
- ars of experience in business development, US Government acquisition, and/or project management.
Preferred Skill and Experience:
- MBA or Master’s degree with business or engineering focused curriculum.
- Demonstrated track record of closing deals in innovative companies where technical aptitude is needed to acquire client business and close sales deals.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, preferably in a team environment.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Working knowledge of both commercial and government satellite markets (with focus on earth observation / remote sensing assets).