With nearly two decades of sub-orbital launch experience and technology development, VECTOR needs your help in taking the next steps to push space boundaries.
Innovation in space occurs when people have the freedom to imagine and to do. We are looking for other thought leaders in their fields of expertise who also believe in our vision and can work beside us to make this dream a reality. VECTOR is a growing company and is always on the lookout for great talent.
The Business Development (BD) Manager is responsible for all sales activities, from lead identification through closure of deals for assigned customer groups, agencies, and missions. The BD Manager develops and implements the agreed upon BD plan which will meet the company’s business goals. The BD Manager works with mission management staff and sales support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
- Lead launch vehicle business development activities for assigned customer groups, agencies, and missions
- Lead technology initiative business development activities for SBIR, STTR, and technology studies as assigned
- Collaborate with the company’s mission management staff to fill the launch manifest and sell available mass to orbit
- Support marketing initiatives exhibit at conferences, as well as writing and reviewing articles, white papers, and related artifacts
- Present at conferences, working groups, and venues to broadcast and inform on the company’s capabilities and offerings
- Prepare and present opportunity-specific presentations to customers
- Develop and deliver quotes based on company’s ROM process and pricing model
- Lead proposal efforts and proposal teams for assigned USG contract opportunities
- Manage the compilation of a quarterly customer newsletter
- Prepare marketing and business development artifacts
- Maintain the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool with the latest BD initiatives, contacts, and opportunities
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- B.S. degree, 5 years of USG business development experience
- 5 years of experience in the space system domain (launch, spacecraft, development, operations, & services
- Experience with MS Office
- May reach 75% in select months
- Current security clearance a plus. Ability to receive a security clearance is required.
- Familiarity with USG acquisition processes required. Especially by Air Force and NASA.
Whether you are a new graduate seeking an entry level position or an experienced professional in search of advancement with an industry leader, we offer numerous opportunities. We offer competitive salary and benefit packages commensurate with experience.
Don’t see the job you are looking for?
If you don’t see a position here that matches your skill set, but you still think you’d be a great fit at VECTOR, let us know!
Please submit a general interest application to introduce yourself and tell us what you can do. We are looking for dynamic, self-starting individuals with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. We will keep your resume on file and a recruiter will contact you if there is a position that matches your skills in the future.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
VECTOR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.