NITREXO is actively looking for a Business Development Manager. As a business development manager, you’ll be concerned with improving and growing a business, by fostering and developing relationships with customers, suppliers and other partners. You may work to improve profitability through careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, or to enhance the operation of the business, position or reputation in some way. You may have a single role in the organisation or lead a team of staff. Your work will often reach across all areas of the business.
- Identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- Meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- Draw up client contracts – depending on the size of company, this task may be completed by someone else or agreements may not be as formal
- Have a good understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be able to advise others about them
- Ensure staff are on board throughout the organisation, and understand the need for change and what is required of them
- Train members of your team, arranging external training where appropriate
- Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
- Liaise with the finance team, warehousing and logistics departments as appropriate
- Seek ways of improving the way the business operates
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
- Professional degree in business development or business management or any other relevant degree with strong background in the business area specializing in space industry.
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- An excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Good IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets
- A professional manner and presentable appearance for meeting customers/clients
- Initiative and good decision-making skills
- Project management skills
- The ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals
- Great organisational skills
- Good networking skills
- The ability to think strategically
- The ability to analyse sales figures and write reports
- Initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch
- The ability to speak a foreign language may be an asset if you’re dealing with overseas clients.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that a diverse work force generates an atmosphere in which exceptional ideas are established and contradictory perspectives are valued, producing better customer solutions. All applicants will be considered for employment and will not be discriminated on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race or nationality.