We simplify the adoption of geospatial data in order to understand the world better and to enable people to act in an aware and timely manner, in order to live better and preserve the Earth.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A “BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER” AT PLANETEK ITALIA?
The company operates in many fields of application ranging from environmental and land monitoring to open-government and smart cities, including defence and security as well as scientific missions and planetary exploration.
We provide solutions and products for earth observation with satellite, aircraft and drone data. We develop on-board software for satellites and data processing solutions for ground segment infrastructures. Our involvement in research and development activities supports the human exploration of the solar system. We develop Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) in compliance with INSPIRE and solutions for Smart City and complex systems to support decisions that exploit geographic information and earth observation data, according to the new paradigms of Cloud and Software As a Service.
Our focus on innovation has recently generated Rheticus®, a cloud platform designed to provide accurate data and real-time information about our changing world for the public and private sectors working to preserve our planet and improve the quality of our lives. This new type of service has led to a decisive transformation of the business model in geo-information services and today represents the synthesis of Planetek Italia’s skills and ability in producing high value-added services.
Rheticus® integrates satellite images, like Sentinel data, with mapping and ancillary databases in open data mode and delivers automatic geo-informatic services to monitor the Earth. It creates application services based on open data, prioritizing geospatial services such as satellite images, basic and thematic mapping and environmental and socio-cultural data.
A few months after its launch, Rheticus® Network Alert had already garnered national and international awards, with the “Application of the Year 2016” of OpenGeoData Italia. It was listed among the finalists of the “European EO Product of the Year” of the EARSC Association. In 2018 Rheticus® was awarded as the best software at the Wichmann Innovations Award 2018. In 2019 Rheticus® was awarded the World Smart City Award with Hera Group use case.
As Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for developing the business of these services on the Public Administration market, reporting directly to the Head of SBU.
- Plan the most appropriate sales actions concerning the characteristics and needs of individual customers and the priorities defined to expand the portfolio and/or retain existing customers;
- Develop new business opportunities and carry out prospecting activities aimed at expanding the customer portfolio;
- Strengthen relations with national and international suppliers and partners in a long-term logic;
- Interpreting the needs and preferences of customers, also identifying alternative commercial proposals in compliance with the pre-established technical-strategic constraints and customer satisfaction;
- Periodically check the performance of the commercial activity, identify and implement the most appropriate corrective actions aimed at achieving the assigned objectives;
- Guide performance management with a view to innovation, efficiency and profitability and identify any corrective actions;
- Carry out forecasting and reporting activities.
- The ability to communicate effectively and the collaborative and constructive approach to relationships are your strong points. You are creative by nature and insatiably curious, capable of strategic thinking and oriented to make a difference.
- You have significant experience in the role gained in the commercial sector of companies operating in the geomatics segment or ICT or services.
So you must be able to:
- Plan actions and products, devising economic/operational and marketing strategies;
- Collaborate in defining corporate strategy and identifying risks to drive the impact of sales;
- Manage relations with executive managers, customers and corporate stakeholders;
- Communicate in English fluently.
ANOTHER IMPORTANT POINT
For us at Planetek Italia, results are more important than time, and our respect for people takes priority over their skills. Passion and responsibility are the qualities we value in our employees, while ethics, professionalism and availability are the elements that distinguish our work philosophy.
Choose us if you think that a company like Planetek offers you the opportunity to work with enthusiasm and if you believe you can make an essential contribution toward developing a strategic segment for our company.
Your office location will be Bari; you will work most of the time remotely, and you will often travel around the world.
WHAT WE OFFER
We believe our people should continuously acquire knowledge and skills, so we are willing to provide you with everything that can help you grow: books, workshops, conferences, and training. We welcome new teammates from every part of the world. Once we get to know each other, we will define your salary package together while also considering your needs.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Let us know who you are, what you’ve accomplished so far in your career and what your goals are for the near future.
Along with your CV, please provide us with a short note in reply to the following two questions:
- Why would you like to bet on an SME like Planetek Italia?
- Why should we bet on you?
If your profile matches the one we’re looking for, we will contact you to get to know you better.