Altran, world leader in Engineering and R&D services. We are the global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting. At Altran Belgium, you get the chance to work on projects among a multi sectorial portfolio of more than 300 clients and you become part of our international community of like-minded experts! There are many ways to make your career thrive and grow within Altran: build your career with Altran Career Path, expand your career abroad with Mov’Altran, follow your personal development plan, and be coached by senior experts. Grow your knowledge along with your career: keep learning with the Altran Academy, seminars and Between Experts & Professionals (BEP) sessions. And don’t forget to have fun: we are building a strong community of consultants thanks to our Altran Sport Clubs & internal social events!
Altran ranks as the world leader in Engineering and R&D services combining unparalleled domain expertise and a truly global organization. The company offers clients an unmatched value proposition to address their transformation and innovation needs. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialization, to invent the products and services of tomorrow.
For over 30 years, the company has provided expertise in aerospace, automotive, defense, energy, finance, life sciences, railway and telecommunications. The Aricent acquisition extends this leadership to semiconductors, digital experience and design innovation.
The group generated revenues of €2.9 billion in 2018, with over 47,000 employees in more than 30 countries.
To sustain the accelerating growth of our activities within the Belgian Life Sciences perimeter (pharma/biotech/food/cosmetics) we are looking to extend the divisional management team, hence opening a vacancy for a team manager Engineering & C(ommissioning)Q(ualification)V(alidation) for the Brussels & Wallonia districts.
At Altran we value excellence, care, responsibility, dynamism and innovation. We are inviting you to become part of an extraordinary community thriving for professional and personal growth, offering an experience with abundant variation and plenty of room for initiative and development.
As a Team Manager you are leading a subdivision of appr. 50 consultants and team leaders in a specific content-based perimeter, realizing multiple assignments in parallel for a variety of life sciences clients. You are accountable for your P&L and ensure growth/profitability fostering client intimacy, optimizing resource allocation, building capabilities and connecting your teams.
- You ensure the operational and hierarchical management of your consultants, their development and retention by linking them to the right projects in view of skills, interests and economic parameters
- You contribute to the loyalty and the development of your client portfolio
- You cascade/translate the company- and division strategy onto operational level into your team fostering a clear purpose & belonging
- You manage and support the career development of your team and ensure adequate skills development
- You animate Knowledge Management and contribute to R&D projects and offer development taking client/market requirements into account
- You take part in the technical qualification of incoming opportunities & provide adequate response
- You contribute to the follow-up and delivery of ongoing projects
- You determine your strategic resource planning and drive the recruitment & selection process in collaboration with the designated recruiters & your team
- You are an active member of the division core management team and contribute to its strategic development
- You hold a Master’s degree in (bio)engineering/Business or equivalent by experience
- You have at least 6 years of experience in a technical, scientific or industrial environment. Any past activities in the life science sector or within the services/consultancy sector imply a clear asset
- You can prove minimum one significant experience in terms of managing teams directly or indirectly and you have a clear interest to pursue a career in management of teams
- You have affinity with engineering and/or CQV activities
- You are a natural People Manager with excellent interpersonal skills and an inherent commercial feeling
- You are fluent in French and English. Dutch is an asset.
- You are result-oriented with a healthy level of ambition not afraid to perform the extra mile
At least 5 years experience is required.