The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defence, non-defence and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aero-structures for the aircraft industry. Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, France, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
The Space Business Area contributes with mission-customized software and hardware products including power systems and star trackers as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions. Additionally, Terma is contracted for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems and services for numerous ongoing and future European, and international missions.
For our customer, the European Space Agency (ESA), we have an urgent request for an experienced Business Process Improvement Engineer – Supply Chain. This opportunity is to support the European Spaceport Infrastructure Office and the Exploitation Cost Monitoring Office in the Directorate of Space Transportation in managing the ESA – CNES CSG contract.
The selected candidate will work at the ESA Kourou office to support ESA with regards to the CSG (Centre Spatial Guayanais) operational contracts status, ensuring the validity of processes carried out detailed in the operational contracts, and helping to improve the industrial processes, with regards to exploitation related activities. Our customer ESA needs support at the CSG to follow the operational and exploitation activities with regards to the launches of Ariane 5/6 and Vega / Vega C and other related activities.
The scope of work will include:
- Conferring with stakeholders about specifications, industrial capacities and capabilities, and status of projects.
- Reviewing schedules, process flows, etc. to understand methods and activities in operations, integration and services, and how to improve efficiency and eliminate waste.
- Understanding the ways industrial systems at the CSG interact and how changes in conditions (operations, launch rate, etc.) can affect outcomes.
- Proposing industrial, process, and supply chain improvements.
- Designing control systems to minimise and resolve process and project issues.
- Coordinating with others internally and externally to assess the above and to create and implement changes.
- Contributing to measures and the improvement of database structure and functionalities.
- Helping to create processes / methods to gather supplier contract and process activity data and propose and follow KPIs.
- Writing and establishment of report elements which will be directly usable in the ESA reporting system such as proposals and progress reports.
Qualifications & Competencies
The successful candidate shall have the following skills and experience:
- University degree, preferably a master’s degree in an engineering or related subject.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience, ideally in industrial business processes, supply chain management, operations management, and procurement contracts.
- Senior level of technical writing skills and command of the French and English languages – both written and spoken.
- Experience / highly developed capability in complex information data mining, analysis and reporting.
- Able to be discreet about confidential data.
- High degree of computer literacy – MS-Office products (particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Knowledge of relational database concepts will be considered an asset.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Lean and/or six sigma training would be an advantage.
- Prior knowledge of the ESA/CNES CSG site and its functioning.
- Experience in contract and / or supply chain management.
- Relevant experience in M&A, airport operations, and/or industrial processes.
What can Terma Offer?
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary
- Support on re-location (if applicable)
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed please apply through the ‘Apply’ link below. Include an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter highlighting your background and expertise as well as earliest date of availability.
For further information, please contact Mr. Guido Damm by telephone [+33 7.78.05.75.87]
Please note the following Legal & Security requirements:
- Applicants must hold all appropriate permits to work in the EU.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their ID/passport and degree/higher education certificate. Terma will validate the certificate with the issuing authority.
- A Certificate of Good Conduct or equivalent will be applied for at commencement of employment.
This Privacy Notice covers any personal data you submit to Terma for the recruiting process, including e.g.:
- Your name, contact details and application status
- Information included in your CV or cover letter, such as job history, academic background, skills and competencies, personal interests, languages spoken, and your photo
- Job preferences and type of employment sought
- Names and contact details for references