The successful candidate will also be a stand-in for Maintenance Analyst role / KPI Stewardship lead.
Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Buyer / Maintenance Controller to join our client a blue chip multinational oil refining and chemical manufacturing company in Southampton, Hampshire.
Purchases spot equipment, materials, chemicals/catalysts and service requirements for multiple business lines. This position would typically include senior Buyer with extensive prior experience. Generally this person would be able to provide training and mentoring to junior Buyers.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Processes a queue of requisitions and converts to purchase orders on a daily basis.
- Collects written proposals from vendors as needed.
- Conducts simple negotiations of pricing and general terms & conditions.
- Addresses invoice discrepancies from the purchase order or the goods receipt and approves invoice payment for any additional freight costs not accounted for on
- Liaises with the strategic buyer regarding project or turnaround purchases and potential bundles
- Provides support to ensure timely invoice payment.
- Handles any PO (purchase order) maintenance for orders processed (e.g. update PO text, update delivery date, etc.)
Skills and Qualifications
- Adapts, analytical, collaborates, communicates effectively, focus on customers.
- PtP (Procure-to-Pay) knowledge, system utilization & efficiency, total system cost, apply controls mind-set, application of business & procurement technical
- knowledge, service excellence, contract development, contract management, negotiating and influencing, relationship management
Specific Job Requirements
Analyst skills required – as Delegate Client Procurement role the successful candidate will also have to run number of reports, analyse the data and present it to management.
The successful candidate will also be a stand-in for Maintenance Analyst role / KPI Stewardship lead