MDA is looking for a bright Buyer/Shipper. This position will expose you to many areas of the business and would be a suitable opportunity for someone with shipping experience who is looking to move into a Buyer role.
- Assists with shipping and/or receiving services for the company.
- May prepare national or international shipments for delivery.
- Issues appropriate shipping documents and may handle Customs documentation for international orders.
- Collects and updates documentation related to transport, Customs, export and import procedures.
- Maintains receiving log and ensures all incoming goods are data entered.
- Provides basic support to projects and departments regarding their procurement requirements.
- Acquires materials and services including; sourcing and soliciting bids, creating purchase orders and awarding contracts, expediting orders, and resolving related problems.
- Participates with the purchasing team in the development and implementation of procurement strategies to improve supplier service levels and optimize costs.
- Under direct supervision, selects, measures and manages performance of vendors on the basis of on-time delivery, quality, and service. May negotiate with supply sources to initiate orders, resolve disputes and claims, and determine freight terms.
- Enters orders in the purchasing system, reviews and approves purchase documents and then expedites orders, including tracing of shipments in transit.
- Other duties as required.
- Requires high school graduation or equivalent and 1 to 2 years related experience, along with previous exposure to handling carriers and vendors.
- Excellent communication skills with a focus on customer service and time management is essential. Must be computer literate.
To be qualified you must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Secret level (preference will be given to candidates that already hold one), and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
Positions are based in Richmond, BC and may include domestic and foreign travel.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Maxar Technologies Ltd. (formerly MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd.) is a leading global provider of advanced space technology solutions for commercial and government markets including satellites, Earth imagery, geospatial data and analytics. As a trusted partner, Maxar Technologies provides unmatched end-to-end advanced systems capabilities and integrated solutions expertise to help our customers anticipate and address their most complex mission critical challenges with confidence. With more than 6,500 employees in 21 locations, the Maxar Technologies portfolio of commercial space brands includes SSL, MDA, DigitalGlobe and Radiant Solutions. Every day, millions of people rely on Maxar Technologies to communicate, share information and data, and deliver insights that empower a better world. Maxar trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange as MAXR.
MDA is a business unit of Maxar Technologies (TSX: MAXR NYSE: MAXR).
MDA is an internationally recognized leader in space robotics, satellite antennas and subsystems, surveillance and intelligence systems, defense and maritime systems, and geospatial radar imagery. MDA’s extensive space expertise and heritage translates into mission-critical defence and commercial applications that include multi-platform command, control and surveillance systems, aeronautical information systems, land administration systems and terrestrial robotics. MDA is also a leading supplier of actionable mission-critical information and insights derived from multiple data sources, both owned and operated within the Maxar group and by customer and third party sources. Founded in 1969, MDA is recognized as one of Canada’s most successful technology ventures with locations in Richmond, Ottawa, Brampton, Montreal and Halifax.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.