MDA Halifax has recently partnered with a leading Defence Contractor to modernize the underwater warfare sensor suite that is currently installed on the Halifax Class frigates. The Underwater Warfare Suite Upgrade (UWSU) project will improve the performance of the underwater sensors through the upgrade and/or replacement of the components of the underwater warfare sensor suite. The UWSU In-Service Support Contract (ISSC) will provide long-term, full-spectrum support to the UWSU systems.
The UWSU Project will reinstate a tactical advantage over threat submarines / torpedoes and gain improved survivability. UWSU will deliver an integrated system that replaces the current towed array sensor and sonobuoy processing system, adds additional active intercept sensors, and improves the processing and transmission control system of the existing hull mounted sonar.
This position will allow the candidate to fully experience software development as well as participate in the broader field of systems engineering. The current work is mainly in C++, and the candidate will support the Java based user interface. The candidate will join a small team, based in the Dartmouth, Nova Scotia office that has the full responsibility to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Software development using C++ and Java,
- Support legacy C/C++ code,
- Requirements engineering,
- Detailed design,
- Unit testing and documentation, and
- Excellent communication – some interaction with industry and the customer will be required
- Computer Science, Computer/ Engineering degree or certificate from a recognized institute,
- Participation in relevant software development, from detailed design through to test and support,
- 2+ years’ within the last 5 years of coding with C++,
- Coding with Java experience,
- Object-oriented software design,
- Version control and configuration management to military grade standards,
- Structured unit testing and regression testing,
- Ability to multi-task, and prioritize deliverables,
- Effective communication, both verbal and written, and
- Strong team player as well as an individual contributor.
- Experience with high-throughput signal data processing
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with Git
- Experience with JIRA
Successful candidate(s) must hold or be eligible to obtain Level II Security Clearance.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.