Cailabs is a French deep tech company that designs, manufactures and sells innovative photonics products for telecommunications and industrial lasers.
Who are we ?
Founded in 2013, Cailabs is a French deep tech company that designs, manufactures and sells innovative photonics products for telecommunications and industrial lasers. With a leadership in complex light shaping, its technology is currently covered by 19 patents. Its innovative components play a role in a variety of fields, from aeronautical wiring to factory premises networks, not forgetting additive manufacturing or its contribution to several world records (in particular the fiber optic throughput record held by Japanese operator KDDI).
The company, which addresses a worldwide market, has won several awards, most notably the EY Born Global Award for its international dimensions, the Pass FrenchTech prize for its growth in excess of 100% year on year and the DeepTech4Good Industry 4.0 award for the importance the company gives to technological leadership.
Cailabs, based in Rennes, has raised €16.6 M since its creation and has +50 staff.
So, would you like to join us?
You have just completed your PhD studies, ideally in optics, or you already have a postdoc or industry experience, and you want to make use of your expertise with no compromise on intellectual interest in your work.
Our position lets you face complex problems and enables you to materialise your ideas, in a team of PhDs who share your appeal to address technical challenges. You will learn the ropes of working in an innovative company, from prototype development to industrialisation scale-up phases.
Within the Technical department, you will join the Simulation team of 5 PhDs, under the responsibility of its team leader.
Your main duties are to:
- Address fundamental and applied optical problems, on your own or with your team
- Design optical systems for various technical projects
- Contribute to the development and use on a daily basis the internal Python code, for the design of optical components
- Collaborate with the technical architects for each Cailabs product line, to offer solutions to company challenges
- Lead technical R&D projects
- PhD in physics
- Training and experience in experimental or theoretical optics.
- Skills in scientific computing with Python, and appeal to programming in general
- Ability to talk with your team about your technical projects in fluent English
Nice to have:
- Skills in free-space experimental optics: system setup, alignment and measurements
- Experience in industry, especially at the interface with a product team and a production team
- Some knowledge of French
Anglais – Level advanced
Français – Level Intermediate