Within the Simulation team of the Technical department, under the responsibility of the CTO, you are in charge of developing numerical simulations for the design of innovative optical components.
Your main duties are to:
- Develop numerical simulations of free-space optics for R&D projects.
- Lead technical R&D projects.
- Contribute to the drafting of new product specifications.
- Design optical components in the service of the production department.
- Use and contribute to the tools developed within the Simulation team (version control, database, sysadmin, etc.).
- PhD studies.
- Training and experience in experimental or theoretical optics.
- Skills in programming and numerical simulations.
- Fluent English.
- Skills in numerical propagation of laser beams (excluding proprietary software).
- Proficiency in Python (especially the SciPy Stack).
- Some knowledge of French (B1 level).
Founded in 2013, Cailabs is a French deeptech company that designs, manufactures and sells innovative photonic products for telecommunications and industrial lasers.
Cailabs is the world leader in complex light shaping and its technology is today the subject of 19 patents.
Its components are used in a variety of fields, from aeronautical cabling to factory local area networks and additive manufacturing, and have contributed to several world records (notably the record for optical fibre throughput by the Japanese operator KDDI).
Holder of the French Tech Pass, Cailabs has been awarded the DeepTech4Good Industrie 4.0 Prize for the importance it places on technological leadership.
Based in Rennes, France, the company has raised €16.6 million since its creation and has nearly 50 employees.
Interested in joining us?