Professional software solutions
CAM Systems Consulting GmbH is a competent partner and consultant for companies involved in the aerospace and defence industries.
The CAM Systems Consulting supports the Galileo project since the year 2000 and has a very strong presence of engineers at the Galileo Control Centre near Munich in Oberpfaffenhofen.
We are now reinforcing our team in the Munich area.
We are seeking an IT-Specialist/Software Developer, supporting the ongoing development of NAVCAST, providing L2/L3 maintenance support, assisting the operator during test campaigns and performing troubleshooting and system improvement activities.
Perform NAVCAST Software and Hardware Upgrades to support System Evolutions
- Maintain and update the system and continuously improve the system automatization as well as the service performance
- Maintain a versioned repository of the software artifacts (e.g., in Gitlab)
- Harden and protect the NAVCAST system against cyber security attacks by design
- Create a development pipeline for the deployment of new software versions and test those upfront with the operator before deploying them on the production chain used for service operations
Support the Development of NAVCAST Operations and Maintenance Procedures
- Assist the operator in the development of operations and maintenance procedures
- Develop and automate testing campaigns together with the operator
Support NAVCAST Validation activities
- Develop a testing and validation plan together with the system engineer/operator
- Implement Input and Output data validation by authentication and cryptographic data consistency checks
- Support the migration of approved Change Requests to the NAVCAST production chain
Provision of Design and Development Support for the NAVCAST System
- Develop and implement a scalable, highly reliable and easy to maintain system design with already available software components that is resilient against a multitude of error scenarios
- Design and setup the interface components for the end-user data delivery
- Create and implement a scalable design for the data exchange between the individual system components
Maintain NAVCAST Hardware and Software
- Provide L2/L3 maintenance support for service operations
- Support the operator in error handling and debugging
- Continuously improve the system by testing and rolling out new versions of the software components
- Thoroughly document the NAVCAST system to achieve a high level of maintainability and transparency
Support to System Monitoring and NAVCAST Performance Evaluations
- Setup and test monitoring software
- Design and implement interfaces for the input coming from other system components
- Support the generation of NAVCAST Performance Evaluation Reports (based on KPI scheme).
- University degree in Informatics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar MINT disciplines
- At least 4 years of experience in hardware and software support on Linux/Unix systems
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
- High team spirit, very good communication skills and “Can-do” attitude
- Curiosity and a great passion for acquiring new technological know-how
- Fluent in English, German would be an asset.
What we offer:
- A relocation package for candidates living outside Germany;
- Focused Training and performance-oriented career development;
- Competitive remuneration;
- Opportunity to work in exciting challenging international projects.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace