The world’s largest smartphone telematics provider
Join us in making roads safer by making drivers better!
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (TrueMotion) is hiring experienced, data-driven Backend Software Engineers to join our Engineering team in Budapest, Hungary!
We offer auto insurers a mobile telematics platform that enables next-generation digital programs. Powered by machine learning, our platform can tell when a person is driving, reveals their behaviors behind the wheel, and detects crashes. We’re a team of engineers, entrepreneurs, sales and customer success leaders, data scientists, and more. We are made up of collaborative, customer-committed, and creative experts that enjoy working in a fast-paced and fun environment.
- Train and guide junior developers on proper software development procedures and methods
- Assist in solving complex problems and transform them into business solutions
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Full stack design and development with a focus on maintainability, usability, scalability and performance
- Analyze and translate business and functional specifications and change requests into technical specifications
- Provide required support and troubleshoot production. As needed, potentially subject to on call responsibilities
- Follow Companies development and operational standards and processes
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- Bachelors/Masters degree preferred, with 5+ years of relevant experience; or equivalent
- Experiences with development at scale — high throughput, low latency
- Ability to do general development tasks on Linux and MacOS
- Investigation and issue analysis from logs: SumoLogic
- Instrumentation and correlation tracking/statistics with Datadog, Grafana
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies (specifically SCRUM)
- User level knowledge of issue tracking systems (specifically Jira, Mavenlink)
- EC2, S3, Lambda, SNS, SQS, RDS (Postgres), NoSQL
- CI/CD pipelines: Jenkins
- AWS deployment descriptor: Cloudformation
- Comfortable to work with AWS services
- Creating, maintaining
- Understanding of containerization technologies (specifically Docker)
- Developing web applications (HTTP REST backend, Angular frontend) a plus
Cambridge Mobile Telematics’ (CMT) mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. Since its first product launch in 2012 that pioneered mobile usage-based insurance, CMT has become the world’s leading telematics and analytics provider for insurers, rideshares, and fleets. CMT’s DriveWell platform uses mobile sensing and behavioral science to measure driving risk and incentivize safer driving, while its Claims Studio reduces the claims cycle time with real-time crash detection, crash reconstruction, and damage assessment using telematics and artificial intelligence. CMT has over 50 active programs with insurers and other partners, improving safety for millions of drivers every day around the world. Started based on research at MIT and backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund to fuel its rapid growth, CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA.
- Good salary
- Feel great working in an office with a fantastic view over the castle district’s architectural highlights (like the Fishermen’s Bastion and Matthias Church)
- Enjoy a midday break by joining the CMT (TMo) lunch group daily at one of the restaurants down the street
- Get to really know your co-workers over team breakfasts or over drinks and snacks on Thursday (post-COVID)
- Let the company’s atmosphere and the smart Hungarian & USA colleagues inspire you day-by-day