Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The quality and innovation of the engineering of our products, systems, and services keep our customers at the forefront. Developing solutions for our clients all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will stimulate and enrich your work and mind. The ABB Measurement & Analytics plant in Québec is the world leader in spectroscopy. Our Contract Engineering Department is Canada’s largest supplier of space optical sensors used, among other things, for greenhouse gas emissions monitoring and weather forecasting worldwide. Our plant is also known for its expertise in the development and manufacture of various products that make it possible to meet several industrial analysis needs on a daily basis. By joining one of the largest engineering departments in Québec, you will actively contribute to the projects of our customers, as well as to the research and development of our technology. You will be part of a dynamic and stimulating multidisciplinary team. You will be in charge of the mechanical design of measuring instruments within the Measurement and Analysis business unit, in Quebec City, Canada. Attached to the opto-mechanical group, you will be responsible for performing the design of optical instruments in close collaboration with the other teams (system, electronics, test and integration) and the mechanical engineer using the CREO software (Pro/ENGINEER). The mechanical designer is responsible for the quality of the 3-D design and technical drawings of the various components. He ensures that the customer’s needs are met within the established costs, deadlines, and quality standards while respecting the product development process. The mechanical designer sought demonstrates a high concern for customer satisfaction and attaches great importance to teamwork. He is autonomous, responsible, methodical, critical, and dedicated in the performance of the mandates.
- Design complex opto-mechanical instruments in accordance with the requirements, costs, and deadlines.
- Choose and optimize the manufacturing processes (CNC machining, molding, folding, 3-D printing, and others).
- Draw up and check plans in accordance with geometric tolerancing standard ASME Y14.5M.
- Participate in the multidisciplinary design reviews.
- Apply the internal procedures for product management (Windchill).
- Actively participate in planning and technical proposals through the realization of preliminary concepts (estimation).
- Support purchases during exchanges with suppliers.
- Support production as needed.
- DCS in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience in mechanical design; knowledge of opto-mechanical system design an asset.
- Knowledge of materials, mechanical manufacturing processes, heat treatments, and surface treatments.
- Experience with the minimum dimensioning approach.
- Experience with 3D CAD software, experience with CREO (Pro/ENGINEER) and the modules (Advanced Assembly, Cabling, Mechanism) are assets.
- Experience in laboratory work and in a prototyping environment.
- Experience in designing aerospace instruments and/or instruments for harsh environments (asset).
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFM/DFA) principles (asset).
- Bilingualism (French/English) and aptitudes for written and spoken communication.
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Montreal’s Top Employers, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB’s culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
Publication ID: CA86336991_E1