Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The ABB Group is present in some 100 countries and employs around 135,000 people. In Canada, ABB employs is some 5,000 employees in nearly 50 installations from coast to coast. ABB Measurements and Analytics in Quebec City, which employs more than 220 people, designs, manufactures, and distributes medium- and close-range infrared systems for the petrochemical, chemical, academic, life science, semiconductor, and metallurgy sectors as well as the instruments for remote detection and aerospace applications. To this portfolio is added the level measurement line of products for controlling quantities and measuring volume of dry, solid, and liquid products. By joining one of the largest engineering departments in Quebec City, you will have the opportunity to actively contribute to the projects of our clients and in the development of our product. As a project engineer, you will be the technical manager of a multidisciplinary project team, coordinating the execution of analytical instrument design and remote sensing projects for process analysis, defense, and security products or for aerospace missions.
- The main responsibilities of this position are to:
- Interact directly with the project authority and the customer to understand the needs.
- Ensure the multidisciplinary technical coordination of the project team.
- Run the weekly project meetings with the technical team using the Agile methodology.
- Monitor the technical actions and organize the short-term timetable
- Assist the project manager with strategic planning and execution, as well as with cost tracking.
- Define the levels of effort required to achieve the objectives and ensure compliance with these assessments.
- Be the technical contact person with our customers.
- Maintain a relationship of trust throughout the project phases.
- Ensure system compliance and technical risk management.
- Iterate with the customer on their requirements.
- Ensure the capture and management of the requirements for systems of varying complexity.
- Ensure the development and design of the system.
- Monitor system performance.
- Give regular presentations, in both English and French, to customers or technical staff at the design reviews or other milestones.
- Collaborate with the Integration and Test team in the development of test plans, their definition, as well as of the verification and validation strategies.
- Ensure compliance on intellectual property rules and act accordingly.
- Guide the technical team and develop the systems engineering tools as well as Model-based Systems Engineering.
- Act as a leader in continuous improvement activities.
- Occasionally visit customers (U.S. and international) and various ABB offices.
- Bachelor of engineering or applied science, or equivalent.
- Experience in infrared optical system development.
- At least 5 years of experience as a technical project manager including: Technical coordination, Monitoring the requirements, from system to components, Development of control systems, Development of electro-optical systems, subsystems, and modules.
- Command of the following tools (or their equivalent): Magic Draw (Model-based Systems Engineering); Windchill (product tree, document tree, management, BOM); Primavera Client (schedule and short-term task management); SAP (order tracking, etc.); Office Suite.
- Experience with programming using Matlab or Python.
- The applicant must have or plan to obtain a Level 2 security clearance from the Controlled Goods Program (CMP).
- Experience with managing multidisciplinary teams and great leadership skills.
- Proven aptitudes in organization and project planning.
- Aptitude for working effectively at all levels of the company.
- Result oriented, team minded, and customer focused.
- Interpersonal skills and exceptional communication skills (both spoken and written).
- Aptitude for influencing others in the achievement of a common objective.
- Great analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Proven aptitudes for providing clear and concise project documentation.
- Proven ability to follow standard procedures and methodologies.
- Ability to suggest improvements to procedures and methodologies.
- Good understanding of customer needs and ability to maintain good customer relations.
- Understand the financial aspects of a project.
- English-French bilingualism.
- Retirement plan
- Healthcare plan
- Accident insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Montreal’s Top Employers, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB’s culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process. ABB’s Military Reservist Policy offers Canada’s Reserve Force members the flexibility to undergo military training and activities while maintaining job security, seniority, pay, benefits, and privileges as ABB employees, including up to 15 paid working days per year for training, as well as extended leave for operations both in Canada and abroad, ensuring seamless career integration with our nation’s defense forces.
Publication ID: CA87008551_E2