Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The quality and innovation of the engineering of our products, systems, and services keep our customers at the forefront. Developing solutions for our clients all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will stimulate and enrich your work and mind. The ABB Measurement & Analytics plant in Québec is the world leader in spectroscopy. Our contract engineering department is Canada’s largest supplier of space optical sensors used for greenhouse gas emissions monitoring and weather forecasting worldwide, among other things. Our plant is known for its expertise in the development and manufacture of various products that enable us to meet several industrial analyses needs on a daily basis. By joining one of the largest engineering departments in Québec (Canada), you will contribute to our projects as well as to the research and development of our technology. You will join a dynamic and stimulating multidisciplinary team within the Measurement and Analytics business unit. You will oversee and guide the development of analyzers and remote sensors that will be used in defense & security and space missions. You must ensure their successful and on-time delivery, within budget and in compliance with quality and safety guidelines. The engineer we seek has a strong sense of reasoning, is autonomous, can work within a multidisciplinary team and has experience with research and development for system conception and analysis in space industry.
- Interact directly with project managers and clients to fully understand their respective needs and iterate over their requirements.
- Act as the technical point of contact for the client and maintain with him a trust relationship throughout the various phases of the project.
- Set and manage system and subsystem requirements, model systems, establish technical budgets and margins and oversee system conformity and manage technical risks.
- Work with the project manager and project engineer to follow up on technical actions, plan short-term schedules, and hold weekly project meetings with the technical team with Agile methodology.
- Collaborate with the Test and Integration team in developing and defining test plans as well as audit and validation strategies.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary peer reviews and give masterful presentations to our clients at critical milestones, in French as well as in English.
- Establish the level of effort required to meet goals and to plan new projects.
- Develop and continuously improve our systems engineering tools, including Model-based Systems Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering, or the equivalent with minumum 5 years of experience in System Engineering for infrared optical instrumentation development for space or remote sensing.
- Results-, teamwork-, and client-oriented.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability in delivering clear and concise project documentation.
- Proven ability to work within standard procedures and methodologies for operational space and provide inputs for space 2.0.
- Master the following tools: Magic Draw (Model-based Systems Engineering), Windchill (product and documentation trees, management, BOM), Primavera Client (schedules and short-term task management), SAP (order management, etc.), Office suite, Matlab or Python.
- Good knowledge of INCOSE, CMMI, MIL-STD, ISO and other standards.
- Bilingual (spoken and written).
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Montreal’s Top Employers, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB’s culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
Publication ID: CA86415318_E2