Australian manufacturer and operator of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
Our company Carbonix is a leading-edge provider of data-capture solutions using pioneering Australian Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) systems.
Established in 2011, we began with developing technology transferred from the America’s Cup, applying lightweight composite design and manufacturing techniques to drones.
Since then, our company has grown from just a few start-up core members to more than 25 staff. Much larger than its humble beginnings but retaining the same strong team spirit.
Our powered-lift aircraft boast long endurance, versatile deployment, and automatic mission execution, representing world-leading technology.
We are unique in that we design, develop, and manufacture everything in our own facility under one roof here in Sydney. This allows our Integrated Product Development Team (IPDT) to work together to produce the best aerial data solutions on the market.
The main sectors we serve are energy & infrastructure, agriculture, and law enforcement & defence. These markets use our commercial drones for advanced data capture in challenging long-distance applications.
This is a great time to join our maturing start-up company since we are in a significant expansion phase, growing the team, and marketing our high-tech drones to more industry sectors.
Come and join us on the journey!
- The newly created role of Senior Systems Engineer reports to the Head of Engineering and also the Chief Technology Officer.
- It will involve regular communication and working with the interdisciplinary engineers in the Integrated Product Development Team (IPDT).
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading the system engineering team to ensure on-time project completion.
- Drafting, laying out, and specifying full technical documentation for UAV subsystems, parts, and equipment.
- Providing full documentation for UAV specifications, and instructions on usage and maintenance of drones.
- Ensuring Quality System adherence in all daily activities.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues and making recommendations for improvements.
- Maintaining and improving existing engineering processes.
- A Degree in either BEng, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Software Engineering, Avionics, or robotics.
- Solid experience post-university in relevant industries/roles; specifically, integrated systems and product release cycles.
- Experience in Functional Design, specifically in circuit design and system integration.
- Experience in design review and certification processes
- Expert knowledge of Modern C++ and Python.
- Understanding of constraints of real-time / embedded platforms.
- Experience designing and implementing message processing software and mesh networking infrastructure and protocols.
- Exposure to UAV sensor integration (EO, IR, and various laser payloads).
- Exposure to avionics or UAS/UAV platforms.
- Be highly motivated and keen with a proactive can-do attitude.
- Willing to be flexible and put in the extra hard work to achieve results.
- Excellent eye for detail and focus on quality in everything you do.
- Be self-motivated, working both individually and collaboratively in a team
- An ability to communicate clearly with your team.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Outstanding organisational & time-management skills.
- In-depth understanding of Ardupilot or similar software such as PX4.
What we can offer you
- An attractive salary package with the option of company shares after a period of time with us.
- The opportunity to work for and contribute to a pioneering leading-edge Australian drone design and manufacturing established start-up.
- A dynamic fast-pace challenging environment to apply your existing skill set.
- Social team events and team building exercises with a tight-knit ‘work hard/play hard team’.