Australian manufacturer and operator of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
We are seeking a Mechatronics Engineer to develop hybrid VTOL-fixed wing unmanned aerial systems. The position is part of a multidisciplinary and agile product development team with extensive experience and knowledge of aerospace and broader engineering. You will help design, develop and deploy solutions from our Head Office in Artarmon, Sydney.
Reports to the Senior System’s Engineer, Product Development Manager and Chief Technical Officer.
Work with the electrical, mechanical and junior software engineers of the Integrated Product Development Team (IPDT).
- Execute project deliverables under the Carbonix Product Development Program.
- Work on the design, testing and integration of subsystems and components into the Carbonix avionics suite.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and make recommendations for improvements.
- Liaise with other engineers to ensure projects are completed to specifications.
- Drafting, laying out, and specifying Technical Documentation for UAV subsystems, parts, and equipment — Providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
- Maintaining and improving existing engineering processes.
Required Qualifications and Knowledge
- A BE or ME in mechatronics engineering or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in relevant industries/roles; specifically, integrated systems and product release cycles.
- Experience in Functional Design, specifically in circuit design and system integration.
- Experience in design review and certification processes.
- Expert knowledge of Modern C++ and Python.
- Understanding of constraints of real-time / embedded platforms.
- Experience designing and implementing message processing software and mesh networking infrastructure and protocols.
- Exposure to UAV sensor integration (EO, IR, and various laser payloads).
- Exposure to avionics or UAS/UAV platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to lead small but growing teams in a young agile rapidly scaling business.
- An ability to communicate clearly with your team.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Outstanding organisational & time-management skills. AND
- In-depth understanding of Ardupilot and UAV platforms.