Australian manufacturer and operator of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
Carbonix is an Australian designer, manufacturer, and solutions provider of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) systems used for advanced data capture in commercial applications. Our powered-lift aircraft systems boast long endurance, versatile deployment, and automatic mission execution.
We have an interdisciplinary team made up of leaders in their respective fields. Our success is the result of the passion and commitment of our people, our exceptional drive for excellence, and commitment to our values of TENACITY, CURIOSITY, COLLABORATION AND SIMPLICITY.
We are seeking a full-time Procurement Specialist who is responsible for the following:
- Providing assistance on a range of planning, data analysis, tendering and contracting activities whilst ensuring compliance with procurement policies, processes and procedures.
- Managing and maintaining contract records, quotes, and associated contract documents.
- Effectively communicating with key stakeholders on procurement requirements and issues, and contract specifics.
- Proactively identifying and mitigating supply chain and contractual risks.
- Seeking opportunities for continuous improvement in cost and service efficiencies, e.g. evaluating alternative suppliers and obtaining quotes and pricing for internal customers.
- Adhering to ethical procurement practices in accordance with business needs.
- Contributing to the development of improved performance within the procurement and financial administration function.
- Organising and planning work so that it is completed efficiently and in accordance with our work standards.
You will have:
- Strong communication skills and experience dealing with a variety of stakeholders and suppliers.
- Experience working autonomously and as part of a team.
- An understanding of a win-win negotiation.
- The ability to build long term relationships/partnerships with suppliers.
- A customer service orientation.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Digital proficiency.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability.
- Initiative and forward thinking in all aspects of business.
- Some directly relevant experience in engineering and complex systems manufacturing is not required but preferred.
Applicants based in (or able to quickly relocate to) Sydney, Australia with working rights essential.
Why work at Carbonix?
- A great place to grow and provide you career advancement as the business grows.
- Every day is different with constant challenges to grow and seek improvements to the business.
- Receive a competitive salary alongside the opportunity to work on rewarding and challenging projects – working autonomously towards a common goal.
- A team that supports work and family commitments and is underpinned by our values that promote diversity and inclusiveness.
- Plus way more!